Am I doing something wrong ??

Just waning some feedback. Most days this is what I am eating ... I am following whole30 with autoimmune protocol. I am on day 7 but am getting headaches and also really tired especially on the late morning early afternoon.

Breakfast pumpkin and sweet potato soup with chicken. Ginger cinnamon and turmeric cooked into the soup and the base is home made chicken bone broth.

Lunch is eft over veggies and chicken (or leftover meat from dinner night before ) sometimes it is lettuce and meat and avocado

Dinner is meat and veg again.

If I need something extra have been having cashew nuts or a couple of dates.

I have also been making a fruit smoothly with cucumber spinach raspberries coconut water and either orange juice or banana etc as my drink with lunch or early afternoon.

Vegetables have been carrot asparagus green beans cauliflower broccoli zucchini and squash. Also baked pumpkin sweet potato radishes.

Does any of that sound wrong?

• Moderators

The afternoon smoothie. Cut that. It's not W30. I'd also be wary of the dates and cashews habit. Both are very sweet and could negatively impact the old sugar dragon.

Sorry about the headaches and tiredness. They should pass the more fat adapted you become, and you'll get there quicker by rethinking the smoothie, cashews, and dates.

Just waning some feedback. Most days this is what I am eating ... I am following whole30 with autoimmune protocol. I am on day 7 but am getting headaches and also really tired especially on the late morning early afternoon.

Breakfast pumpkin and sweet potato soup with chicken. Ginger cinnamon and turmeric cooked into the soup and the base is home made chicken bone broth.

Lunch is eft over veggies and chicken (or leftover meat from dinner night before ) sometimes it is lettuce and meat and avocado

Dinner is meat and veg again.

If I need something extra have been having cashew nuts or a couple of dates.

I have also been making a fruit smoothly with cucumber spinach raspberries coconut water and either orange juice or banana etc as my drink with lunch or early afternoon.

Vegetables have been carrot asparagus green beans cauliflower broccoli zucchini and squash. Also baked pumpkin sweet potato radishes.

Does any of that sound wrong?

I am not an expert but one thing that I notice is cashews, according to The Paleo Mom you should not be eating nuts on your Autoimmune protocol. That could be a problem. The next thing that I noticed is your fruit smoothy, the whole30 does not recommend smoothies of any kind. Yours has a lot of sugar in it from coconut water, orange juice and banana. It is possible that you are having a sugar crash after you drink this at lunch. Are you having black pepper on your meals? That is also out for the autoimmune protocol. Here is the link to The Paleo Mom for more information. Good Luck! http://www.thepaleomom.com/autoimmunity/the-autoimmune-protocol.   

Do you include any fats with your breakfast or dinner? The only fat I see listed in your meals is the avocado with lunch. You should be having some fat with every meal. I think that might help with the headaches, especially including some fat with your breakfast. I find that a big breakfast heavy in carby veggies (which it does seem like you're including so that's good) and fats really helps me get through the day. Also, the fats can help make you feel fuller so that (like the others have mentioned) you won't need that afternoon smoothie.

Welcome!  First things first: Make sure that each of your meals follows this template. Right now, your breakfast doesn't. And the fact that you're feeling hungry enough for a snack makes me wonder if you're under-eating a bit.  

Secondly, definitely ditch those nuts if you're taking on the AIP. And ditch the smoothie - it could be the cause of your crash.

Finally, it's really common to be tired that this point.  Make these changes and see where you are in a couple of days :)

Archived