Changes; and need some feedback.

yogagirl

I attempted my Whole30 two weeks ago. For at least 8 days I was doing well! My body felt great!

When I fell off the wagon I decided to try some foods that I normally ate before the whole30. I wanted to experiment on myself. I am finding out that my headaches and body aches have returned, my sinus hurts, I am irritable, my sleep has suffered, and I just feel "hungover".

I think my body is more sensitive now, now that it knows what clean eating feels like, my body is upset.

I can't wait until tomorrow when I start the whole30! It's time for some life changes. I am nervous, but feeling positive.

I have read that other folks have had suffered with some foods...I am wondering how many of us are sensitive to certain foods?

I am also nervous to start because sometimes it's hard to eat clean. Our society is so fast paced, and processed, that sometimes it's just easier to give in than to plan, and prepare. BUT...to give in with me...is not an option now.

And then....in 2 weeks I will be traveling. I am hoping to maintain my whole30.....in the middle of wheat country! LOL!

What other challenges do people face? What solutions have you all come up with in such situations? (family, travel, work, long hours, etc)

Thanks!

What other challenges do people face? What solutions have you all come up with in such situations? (family, travel, work, long hours, etc)

Let's see... I have a family of five (not counting dogs) and I work two twenty-four hour shifts one week and three the next.

Planning ahead is HUGE! Cook extra meals and freeze them. Use the crock-pot to cook extra. Intentionally create leftovers.

Figure out now what your "emergency food" is (a meal you have in the freezer? Lunch meat quickly wrapped in a collard green with onion and mustard? Nuts? (these bother some people)) . Being unprepared is not an excuse to eat non-compliantly.

I keep a bag of Larabars in my car for work. I know that sometimes at work I end up going for 12 or more hours with no breaks, so that is the time for LaraBars. I don't eat them on a regular basis though.

I cook the day before I go to work and take a cooler of good food with me (in fact I just cooked a cabbage/beef mixture for tomorrow!).

Also, figure out your last-ditch, absolutely have no food plan. Carnitas at Chipolte?

You are in control of what you eat.

Planning ahead and making the decision. I think making the decision is the number one thing. If you honestly don't want to eat something, you will find a way not to. I think you just have to be at a place where you can decide things are not worth it regardless of what anyone else is doing. This just takes some practice. Just keep at it, you'll get there.

Archived