Stage IV Breast Cancer - Starting Whole30 on the 13th

Lkailani

Hello.  

Looking forward to giving this alternative way to eat a shot.  

I am coming from a 80% Vegan background, but since starting hormone therapy for breast cancer, it has catapulted me into menopause and I have gained 10lbs since April of last year, most of it around my middle, which has never been a problem for me. 

I was encouraged to try this plan by a friend. 

Eating meat is a challenge for me especially RED meat, so will stick with lots of fish (thankfully hubby is a seafood importer), some chicken and I LOVE eggs.  

I am wondering about juicing?  I am an avid juicer.  Does anyone else juice on this diet?

Any and all encouragement welcome. 

I am so going to miss my tofu, brown rice, edamame, garbanzo's  and liquid aminos.  

Lesley in So. Cal.  :)

Hello.  

Looking forward to giving this alternative way to eat a shot.  

I am coming from a 80% Vegan background, but since starting hormone therapy for breast cancer, it has catapulted me into menopause and I have gained 10lbs since April of last year, most of it around my middle, which has never been a problem for me. 

I was encouraged to try this plan by a friend. 

Eating meat is a challenge for me especially RED meat, so will stick with lots of fish (thankfully hubby is a seafood importer), some chicken and I LOVE eggs.  

I am wondering about juicing?  I am an avid juicer.  Does anyone else juice on this diet?

Any and all encouragement welcome. 

I am so going to miss my tofu, brown rice, edamame, garbanzo's  and liquid aminos.  

Lesley in So. Cal.  :)

Welcome! I am so sorry that you are battling breast cancer and hope this will help you on your road to better health. As far as juicing goes, the whole30 recommends that you eat all your food and not drink it. Here is a quote from the Can I Have post. Also here is the meal planning template link. http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf. Good Luck!

Smoothies: We'd rather you didn't This is a very popular question, with a very unpopular answer. Smoothies (generally made using lots of fruit) are technically compliant on your Whole30, but we strongly recommend against it. Food that you drink sends different satiety signals to your brain than food that you chew. So when you drink your meal, your brain isn't getting the feedback it needs to tell your body that it's had enough of what it needs. Plus, smoothies are generally really fruit-heavy, and starting your day off with a liquid sugar-bomb sets you up for cravings, hunger, and volatile energy levels throughout the day. In summary, we'd rather you just eat the food, and skip the smoothie. - See more at: http://whole30.com/2013/06/the-official-can-i-have-guide-to-the-whole30/#sthash.7Bww9SCV.dpuf.  

Archived