Day 19 - sugar cravings seem worse! Is this normal?

Day 19... no Tiger Blood... in fact the cravings for sugar, wine, etc... seem to have gotten stronger! A week ago I wouldn't have looked twice at these things but now find myself dreaming about all of my old sweet snacks. Is this normal?

It could be that you are having an extinction burst - this is your brain's last stitch effort to get you to give in to your cravings. I have done 4 whole 30's and each one is different.  My first one was cupcakes (I don't even really like them) but I wanted them so bad.  The last whole 30 I did I was going grocery shopping and I walking down the isle and I could smell marshmallows.  I wanted to eat the whole bag then and there.  Again - I actually dislike marshmallows quite a bit and haven't had them since I was a teenager.  But now I know what my brain is trying to do and I just kind of laugh.  And know that I'm not going to give in.

I've done more Whole30s than I can easily count, and I can say that the sugar cravings come and go and come and go and come and go etc.  I've discovered recently that when I'm tired, I crave sugar every single second that I'm awake.  I never, ever feed the sugar dragon, and the cravings never, ever go away - when I'm tired.  I can exhaust myself even more by fighting the dragon in my head - but so far it's been worth it.  I'm handling stress levels I never thought I could handle without getting sick these days. 

But the sugar cravings, I'm not sure there's a time table for them to go away entirely.  It'd be nice, but...

Archived