My First Whole30

SWagner

I'm actually on Day 3 of Whole30 now. The first two days went well (with the exception of a monster headache on Day 1), and I'm rocking Day 3 so far.

Some background: I'm 30, only 5' 0", and weighed in at a doctor's appointment at 225 lb. last week. I knew I was overweight and out of shape, but that was a shock for me. I decided to pull my head out of the sand and do something about it.

I have always wanted to do ballet and aerial silks, but admired from afar. Not anymore - I know I can do this, I can get in shape, I can proactively shape my future, and I can try the things I've dreamed of doing.

So far...

I have been really tired, but my sugar cravings are definitely decreasing and I'm not tempted by others' food. That's a big difference from previous 'diets'.

Next up, once my energy level is back up: T25. People at work are raving about it, so I'm giving it a try. It should come in the mail any day.

Here's to taking control of your health!

congrats on the realization, and welcome! On ballet and silks...I'm not sure if I understood you completely correctly, but if you are planning to wait until you fit the "ballet body type" first, don't! Dance now. Honor your body with good nourishing food and activities you love and don't worry if you don't look the type. I bet you will be great.

Yeah, I don't ever think I'll have a ballet body type - I'm built shorter and more muscular, but I'm working hard to reach the fitness level to climb silks. I'm on Day 8 now, holding strong. Still a bit tired, but also started T25 today.

My husband and I were goofing around with our 6-year-old last night, doing things we used to have to do in PE - stretching, wall sits, etc. I couldn't believe how hard it was and how inflexible I've become. It couldn't have been a better motivator to keep going!

On the plus side, I'm definitely sleeping better, having less cravings (particularly when under stress), and my skin has never been this clear or soft. Can't wait to see how Week 2 goes!

Food today:

Breakfast

coffee (no coconut milk today)

1 small apple

almond butter

2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch

spinach meatloaf (from Well Fed)

cherry tomatoes

almonds

water

Dinner

beef

cabbage

carrots

water

Workout:

T25 Cardio

Kept hitting the snooze this morning - for nearly 90 minutes. Missed my morning workout, so I'll have to squeeze it in this afternoon.  :( I am also REALLY sore from yesterday's workout.

Food today:

Breakfast

iced coffee with coconut milk

1 small apple

peanut butter

2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch

spinach meatloaf (from Well Fed)

hard boiled egg

almonds

Dinner

Tonight is taco stuff - beef, peppers, etc. I plan to put some beef and veg toppings on salad greens.

Workout (tonight):

T25 Speed

Archived