Day 10 Where should I be: feeling confused on progress HELP

DanielleBuen

Hi

I am on day 10 and I am not sure where I should be in regards to my journey.  I am noticing a few things like new signals when I am full but in the same respect I still have no appetite in the morning and my appetite has decreased with meals as well.  I am not yet sleeping more soundly my skin break outs are not better.  And my pants are not fitting any better not worse but not better I have stuck to the plan not one cheat in 10 days.  So is this a normal place to be or is it possible I am doing something wrong.    

Hi

I am on day 10 and I am not sure where I should be in regards to my journey.  I am noticing a few things like new signals when I am full but in the same respect I still have no appetite in the morning and my appetite has decreased with meals as well.  I am not yet sleeping more soundly my skin break outs are not better.  And my pants are not fitting any better not worse but not better I have stuck to the plan not one cheat in 10 days.  So is this a normal place to be or is it possible I am doing something wrong.    

Check out the timeline. Your days may not be exact but it is helpful for what to expect during your whole30. I hope this helps. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/.   

Be patient - this is kind of normal.  You really want to give yourself the full benefit of a whole 30 - there are reasons why this is a 30 day program.

Also are you able to give us an idea on a number of meals that you have eaten in the last couple of days?  People here may be able to help you trouble shoot a bit.

Cheers!

So glad to see this post. I thought I was doing this whole thing wrong.

I'm about halfway into my third week of the program & am experiencing the same thing Danielle is feeling - no change in the fit of my clothing, still super tired most of the day (like, serious nodding off issues in the morning & afternoon) and my annoying little runny nose thing is still a constant. I got frustrated & depressed about it yesterday & broke down & had some iced tea with sweet & low. That's pretty much been the extent of my "cheating", though.

I read the timeline thing (thank you for posting that) & feel like I've gone through most of those feelings/emotions, etc. in the time frames I've experienced so far. Just wondering how long it takes for this whole spare tire removal thing to take?? Yes - I'm a bit impatient. ;-)

With the exception of the first week, when I was having smoothies in the mornings (before I found out those are a no no), I've managed to stick with spinach, tomato, avocado & poached eggs every morning for breakfast, fish & roasted veggies for lunch & usually lettuce wraps with gluten free turkey, avocado & tomatoes at dinner. Daily snacks have been banana & a handfull of pecans twice a day. And, of course, tons of water. I vary dinner occasionally with a baked sweet potato & turkey burger patty or shrimp avocado salad.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong? Or am I just being another impatient newbie who needs to wax on wax off a little longer until it kicks in??

So glad to see this post. I thought I was doing this whole thing wrong.

I'm about halfway into my third week of the program & am experiencing the same thing Danielle is feeling - no change in the fit of my clothing, still super tired most of the day (like, serious nodding off issues in the morning & afternoon) and my annoying little runny nose thing is still a constant. I got frustrated & depressed about it yesterday & broke down & had some iced tea with sweet & low. That's pretty much been the extent of my "cheating", though.

I read the timeline thing (thank you for posting that) & feel like I've gone through most of those feelings/emotions, etc. in the time frames I've experienced so far. Just wondering how long it takes for this whole spare tire removal thing to take?? Yes - I'm a bit impatient. ;-)

With the exception of the first week, when I was having smoothies in the mornings (before I found out those are a no no), I've managed to stick with spinach, tomato, avocado & poached eggs every morning for breakfast, fish & roasted veggies for lunch & usually lettuce wraps with gluten free turkey, avocado & tomatoes at dinner. Daily snacks have been banana & a handfull of pecans twice a day. And, of course, tons of water. I vary dinner occasionally with a baked sweet potato & turkey burger patty or shrimp avocado salad.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong? Or am I just being another impatient newbie who needs to wax on wax off a little longer until it kicks in??

You might find this article helpful too. A gentle reminder that it's a 30 day program http://whole30.com/2014/01/whole30-tough-love/

Check that your turkey doesn't contain carrageenan or other nasties.

The need to snack can be an indication that your earlier meals aren't big enough. Do you have a copy of the recommended meal template?  The goal is to create meals that satiate you for 4-5 hours.

To help with energy, I would recommend adding at least 1 carb dense vegetable daily.  These include sweet potatoes, winter squash, carrots, beets, jicama, plantains, rutabaga and parsnips.

If you are genuinely hungry in between meals, have a mini-meal that contains a protein and fat.  Nuts are a fat source on a Whole30. Save your 1-2 daily serving of fruit to enjoy with or immediately after your main meals.

On the sweet & low (warning: tough love), a conscious choice to ingest that does technically fall into the category of a restart. Consider extending your Whole30 30 days from yesterday, to give you 30 consecutive days of 100% Whole30 eating. 

Be patient - this is kind of normal.  You really want to give yourself the full benefit of a whole 30 - there are reasons why this is a 30 day program.

Also are you able to give us an idea on a number of meals that you have eaten in the last couple of days?  People here may be able to help you trouble shoot a bit.

Cheers!

My meals for past three days look like this

Monday: Breakfast was quick a Banana and almonds

Lunch large salad with chicken, onion, apple, and mixed green

Dinner: Fried eggs, spinach, sweet potato hash and bacon (no add ins)

Tuesday: Breakfast same deal was in a rush so banana and almonds

Lunch: pork on bed of green and guacamole

dinner: sweet potato stuffed with bison and spinach

Today:two eggs and spinach

sweet potato with bison and two cuties

pulled chicken on greens and avacado

My meals for past three days look like this

Monday: Breakfast was quick a Banana and almonds

Lunch large salad with chicken, onion, apple, and mixed green

Dinner: Fried eggs, spinach, sweet potato hash and bacon (no add ins)

Tuesday: Breakfast same deal was in a rush so banana and almonds

Lunch: pork on bed of green and guacamole

dinner: sweet potato stuffed with bison and spinach

Today:two eggs and spinach

sweet potato with bison and two cuties

pulled chicken on greens and avacado

Do you have a copy of the recommended meal template? Before adding fruit to a meal, try to at least get a protein, veg and fat in at every meal. For instance, breakfast: instead of banana and nuts, have the eggs, spinach and avocado.

Raw veggies can cause bloating. Instead of the salads/green, try switching to cooked veggies and see if that helps.

Check the bacon to be sure it's compliant: no sugar, sweetener or other nasties.

Also, are you staying sufficiently hydrated? Aim for drinking water, in the amount of at least half your body weight in ounces, daily.

• 3 months later...

I'm glad I found this post!  I'm day 11 and feeling emotional - irritated, angry, sad.  All for small or no real reason!!!  The link to the timeline was just what I needed.  Day 10-11, the hardest days.  Good to know.  Looking forward to 'boundless energy' in the days ahead   ;)

I completed my first Whole30 at the end of June. Along the way I noticed small improvements in how my clothes fit  but it wasn't until the last 3 days of the program that I really saw a big difference in my body. It was like all of a sudden my waist was more defined and my belly was looking smaller. Hang in there!!

Hi

Danielle - you are exactly where you should be on your journey.  That's the key thing - it's your journey.  Sure, there are some commonalities for those of us who undertake a Whole30 - we sleep better, we feel energised, our aches and pains disappear, and we lose some weight.  But everybody has a different, unique experience - so embrace yours!  Be patient, follow the guidelines, give the program the 30 days it needs, and listen to your body.  

Hang in there - it will get awesome, I promise.

Archived