AIP and FODMAPS?

I was just wondering whether it's possible to do an AIP and a low FODMAP whole30?

If so, does anyone have any recipe/blog/suggestions etc?

I'm sure it is possible but would be very limiting. Is there a reason you want to do both at the same time? The best way to go about it would be to find a shopping list for each protocol and then merge them to make your yes and no lists. You may need to do a fair amount of substituting on recipes (or just leaving out). 

Yes, I do it. With FODMAPS, it's possible that some of them will not bother you. I can eat cauliflower, but not broccoli or onions. In fact I can't tolerate a lot of greens or non-root veggies. It's another process to see what you can tolerate and what causes a reacion.

Do you have IBS or Chron's or a FODMAP sensitivity?

thanks! it seems like I'm left with basically nothing haha, I rely heavily on avocados and coconut oil for my fat sources, but I don't think avocados are allowed on a low fodmap diet :(

You know there is an IBS specific protocol in It Starts With Food. You might want to start there and see how it goes. Once you finish a round on that protocol you could try reintroducing the foods you cut from that and see what bothers you and what doesn't using the same method as with the regular whole30 reintroductions. After you do that you could go through the list of remaining questionables and try cutting each out for a week and seeing how it goes. Working from a clean palette after a regular W30 is a great place to experiment. 

Archived