MEAT

Didddiees

Hello, I have a problem… From meat i eat only chicken, turkey and fish. Is it a problem? I really do NOT like any other kind of meat - not just for its taste. So I just wanted to ask If it's a problem that I eat only these kinds? (Well, sometimes I can have a little piece of ham or bacon - but very rarely) Or do I have to balance it with some food you recommend for vegetarians and vegans? 

Thank you 

Love

Hello, I have a problem… From meat i eat only chicken, turkey and fish. Is it a problem? I really do NOT like any other kind of meat - not just for its taste. So I just wanted to ask If it's a problem that I eat only these kinds? (Well, sometimes I can have a little piece of ham or bacon - but very rarely) Or do I have to balance it with some food you recommend for vegetarians and vegans? 

Thank you 

Love

If you eat chicken, turkey, and fish than that is fine. Do you eat eggs? Those are a great protein source too. If you do have ham or bacon make sure it doesn't have sugar or other off plan nasties in it. Vegetarian shopping list is for people who can't eat any of the proteins on the regular shopping list. 

• Moderators

The nutritional value of beef and lamb is superior to the nutritional value of chicken, turkey, or pork. Fish offers great nutritional value, but it is a different profile than beef and lamb. To achieve the best health possible, you need to eat red meat, but you can still be very healthy eating chicken, turkey, pork, and fish. 

Have you tried grassfed red meat?  There is a huge difference in the taste and nutritional value.  I wasn't a big fan of red meat.  I could take it or leave it.  Then when we started eating our own cows, I couldn't get enough.  There was something in it I craved.  I don't know if it's higher omega-3s or some minerals.  But I do know if I'm on vacation and haven't had grassfed beef, I start to crave it again.

Archived