Does anyone have Celiac Disease?

I am coeliac, have been since I was 13 months old. I have always avoid wheat/gluten/barley/oats, but only recently realised the wider impact of an autoimmune disease on my system. Finishing my normal whole30 soon (day 25), then doing an AIP & low fodmap plan after as also have IBS too :) 

feel much better on the normal whole30 (am on day 25 so nearly there), the AIP is going to be tough! I have already cut out eggs mainly but occasionally have nuts still.

I was very skeptical of GF stuff. Even while suffering from IBS most of my life. Then my husband wanted to try it. I immediately felt different. My doctor wanted me to get checked for Celiac, but I didn't want to eat gluten for 2 weeks. I just stopped  eating it. However, 2 of my siblings were tested and are celiac, so I assume I am too. I also avoid eggs and nightshades along with some FODMAPS. My diet may be a bit limited, but I feel great.

• 2 weeks later...

I am Celiac and I am taking some time before i start the whole 30.  I am going to ease into paleo, go on vacation and then start Whole 30 when i get back.  I will be anxious to hear how this works for you.  I am a bad Celiac as I have not been gluten free for the last two years.

I can't complete the "gluten challenge" for the test, but I've had big improvements from the Whole30 and post-Whole30, including no arthritis, improved sinus health and regained lost muscle mass.

I haven't done the AIP yet, but I've done 30 days of no eggs and 30 days of no nightshades. Eggs didn't make a difference (organic eggs I'm okay with) but reducing my nightshade load without eliminating them completely was a huge win for my inflammation :D

I also have Celiac and the Whole30 was a gamechanger for me.  I'd been gluten-free for almost two years with some recovery, but not much.  My first Whole30 was January 2013 and I could tell midway through that I'd found my golden ticket.  Not to say that it's been easy, I ended up going on the AIP and mostly eating it for close to a year (my "cheats" during that time were testing nuts, nightshades, etc., chocolate, and an ill-fated attempt to re-introduce dairy).  So, I recommend trying the AIP if your symptoms are not completely responsive to the Whole30, but be kind to yourself as the AIP is hard.  Now, 15 months later, I have almost none of my original symptoms--as long as I stay on plan--and can eat eggs, limited nightshades, and pecans and walnuts.  The Paleo Approach book (and the Paleo Mom blog) were really helpful in figuring out the AIP and making it work on a daily basis. 

Archived