Major Stomach Troubles - Decided to start Whole 30!

Richter84

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum world but thought I would post something and hopefully it goes in the right place.  For years now i've been struggling with major stomach pains, bloating constantly and nothing seems to ever make sense.  I've decided to take the whole30 challenge and see if this can change my life and hopefully it does!

Day 1....

I wasn't really sure how my body would react so this was what my day looked like....

Breakfast:

Egg, turkey bacon and assorted berries

Lunch:

Grilled Chicken Salad

Dinner:

Steak over steamed vegetables with half a sweet potato

I experienced headaches towards the end of the day so I know it's my body begging for SUGAR.  Probably not the best thing but I had 2 strawberries hoping for it to subside.

It's now DAY 2:  Really hoping for no headaches today as my breakfast consisted of:

Eggs, half sweet potato, turkey bacon and strawberries.

I know it's still early to say I feel differently but i'm extremely hopeful this is going to take a way the constant pains in my stomach and reduce the amount of bloat that I am constantly feeling.

Hmmm not bad but you may not be eating enough.

Also check your ingriedients on your turkey bacon.  I have yet to find a compliant bacon, yet alone turkey bacon. 

1) you need fat with every meal.  1 thumb sized portion is the starting off point.  You may need more if you are feeling hungry later. Fat will also help you with the sugar cravings.

2) try to include 1.5 cups with every meal - yes including breakfast.  Do not let fruit push veggies off your plate.

3) Proteins - Are you eating a palm sized portion of protein?  eggs should be the number of eggs you can hold in 1 hand.  Most people can hold at least 3.

Hmmm not bad but you may not be eating enough.

Also check your ingriedients on your turkey bacon.  I have yet to find a compliant bacon, yet alone turkey bacon. 

1) you need fat with every meal.  1 thumb sized portion is the starting off point.  You may need more if you are feeling hungry later. Fat will also help you with the sugar cravings.

2) try to include 1.5 cups with every meal - yes including breakfast.  Do not let fruit push veggies off your plate.

3) Proteins - Are you eating a palm sized portion of protein?  eggs should be the number of eggs you can hold in 1 hand.  Most people can hold at least 3.

With #2 I mean veggies BTW - just in case there is any questions 

Thanks for all the assistance!  I've been incorporating more avocados into my meals and those seem to help.  I just got my daily email and it looks day three will be tough!  Last night some of my muscles started to feel sore....I wonder if this is one of the side effects.

My goal for today...include more veggies, drink more water and find new fats to incorporate. 

But just a recap:

Day 2:

Lunch: Beef patty over lots of vegetables and 1/2 sweet potato mixed in

one serving of berries and nuts after lunch

Dinner: Beef patty over salad with avocado and 1/2 sweet potato on the side

one serving of berries after dinner

Day 3: 

Breakfast: 3 eggs with broccoli, 1 avocado and turkey bacon(will fix this going forward)

Well I made it to day 5!  Woke up this morning with absolutely no apetite and feel like I have to force myself to eat breakfast today!  Wonder if this is normal?

I'm really hoping for no more headaches now!  They usually happen after lunch-before dinner.

Had two family functions and ate before hand or only had a grilled chicken salad while i was there.  Super proud of myself for not caving in because there was CAKE!  My favorite!

To recap:

Day 3:

B - 3 eggs with brocolli, 1 avocado turkey bacon but fixing that

L Grilled chicken salad with avocado

D Sweet potato, beef patty and side salad 

Day 4

B - 3 eggs, avocado and sweet potato with cauliflower and brocoli

L Grilled chicken salad with extra olives and side of strawberries and grapes

D grassfed beef chopped meat with onions, red and green bell pepper and avocado

Day 5

B - eggs, brocolli, peppers and avocado

L - will be stir fry with grassfed beef and peppers/brocolli with 1/2 avocado

D - will be Grilled chicken salad and side of sweet potato and possibly strawberries

I'm on Day 6 now and feeling pretty good!!  Headaches seem to be gone!  Today I have set a goal to try to limit fruits to 1-2 servings as I feel like during those headache days I was quickly reaching for fruit but nothing to excess.

Day 6 Meal Plan:

Breakfast: Grilled chicken over salad with avocado and handful of cashews

Lunch: Grilled chicken huge pile of vegetables and sweet potato

Dinner: Grilled chicken salad with avocado and olives 

Day 7:

Why am I so sleepy today!  Went to crossfit monday and tuesday this week and plan to go running after work.

Meal 1 - grilled chicken over salad with avocado and 1 banana

Meal 2 - Grilled chicken over salad with avocado and pineapple

Meal 3 - Beef lettuce tacos with avocado

Day 7:

Why am I so sleepy today!  Went to crossfit monday and tuesday this week and plan to go running after work.

Sounds like you're right on track per the Whole30 timeline.  

Hang in there: this will pass.

I would up the veggies - get 1-3 cups in per meal, and include at least one carb-dense vegetable daily.

Also, are you having pre/post WO food?

Oh goooood!!!

I'm trying to but I really haven't been hungry I feel like i'm forcing myself to eat lately....after eating all those veggies yesterday it was hard to even have dinner!

I will incorporate my starchy vegetable with dinner tonight.

Archived