Day 13. Can we talk about my appetite?

sweetcee

Day 13, first whole 30- I was eating mostly grain-free but with dairy before this.

For the last 2 days (I started my period this afternoon) I have had ZERO appetite before about 12 noon, particularly today.  I don't know if it's related to lady hormones or what.  I am not on hormonal BC--been off it for almost a year-- and I was pretty regular prior to whole 30. 

Do I force myself to eat?  Do I listen to my body and just drink water and tea?  Happy to share more info needed.  Thanks ladies!!

This is actually kind of normal around day 10 - 12.  There are many people who report loss of appetite around this point.

Stick with it.  I know you don't feel like eating but it will help your hormones out if you stick with 3 meals a day.

In order to get through this slump try some new recipes, or repeat some favourites.  Try to get some bone broth in (if nothing else) but if you can eat regular meals.  This too will pass.

Thanks so much!  With the timing of my period, I wasn't sure if it was related to that at all.

Can I ask a follow up question - is it the 3 meals a day of high quality food in general, or is it eating 3 meals at regular times?  Yesterday my appetite finally showed up at 11:00am, and I was able to still eat my 3 full meals, just not at "breakfast time," "lunch time," and "dinner time."  

I always GET hungry at some point--I just got hungry now as a matter of fact--but especially in the mornings (where I have had nausea/loss of appetite even not on whole30), I am soooo reluctant to shove food in my mouth!  Even if it is GREAT food!

Thanks again,

Christine

Can I ask a follow up question - is it the 3 meals a day of high quality food in general, or is it eating 3 meals at regular times?  Yesterday my appetite finally showed up at 11:00am, and I was able to still eat my 3 full meals, just not at "breakfast time," "lunch time," and "dinner time."  

I believe the book says to try and eat within an hour of getting up in the morning.  Have you tried having soup for breakfast.  Since I can't have my usual coffee (I am doing the AIP)  I have found making soup with some bone broth, veggies, and my protein to be very satisfying. I usually start by sautéing some of the veggies and meat in coconut or red palm oil then put a few ladles of bone broth over let it cook for a few minutes then a squeeze of lemon or lime juice, maybe some chopped parsley or cilantro.  You could put in a little grated ginger if you were feeling nauseous.  I find it to be very comforting and satisfying first thing in the morning when nothing really sounds good.  I keep changing it up enough that I am no getting bored with it.  

Archived