Starting on 3.14.14

MomOf5Girls

Hello!

On a whim last night I decided that I was going to start Whole30 today.  I'd heard about the program a few months ago and my DH and I have been Paleo for about a year.  I can't seem to tame the sugar beast ….. or I'm just mentally weak …. because I haven't been able to go more than 7 days without a treat (coke, paleo ice cream, regular ice cream).  I'm hoping to finally be able to follow through this time.

I was hoping that today would be my Day 1, but I popped a small piece of bologna in my mouth without thinking about it while I was cleaning up lunch after the kids.  I haven't checked the boards, but I suspect that bologna is on the forbidden list so I'll call today my Day 0.

I'm a SAHM to all girls.  I used to be an engineer though that seems like a very long time ago!

I've got a lot of weight to lose (80ish pounds) but mostly I'm looking forward to feeling better and not being so cranky all the time.

I look forward to meeting other like-minded folks over the next few weeks.

Welcome! Yeah, I'm pretty sure bologna would contain non-compliant ingredients like gluten, carrageenan or soy. It's tricky to find compliant deli meat.

I wish you success as you begin officially tomorrow!

Hi I just wanted to tell you - that I had a horrible time with cutting sweet and sticking to program (whole30) - if you don't have the book "it starts with food"  it really helps - it has lots of info that helps but Master Recipes and ideas.  You can go in and sign up for whole30 daily ($14.95) and you get a daily e-mail with is a step a day.  That really helped me when I went through it the 2nd time (Jan-Feb) this year.  I found using sweet potatoes roasted in oven with butter or yams (prepared same way) make a 13x9 pan so you have left overs.  I make scrambled eggs by using coconut oil and sauté onions and spinach in oil and add eggs with turmeric.  or what ever I want to add that is veggie.  I also love the master recipes that make more than a days amount.  I make them with different things.  the Master hamburger recipe - made into Asian broccoli or the one with carrots and broccoli - the next day I will add some zucchini or peppers (of my choice).  I also found that butternut squash roasted in oven with butter - then separate into separate little container (I do this with both sweet potatoes and squash) then put them in freezer, this way I can pull them out and use for whatever meal I want - I also use raspberries and blueberries with my eggs or for desert I had unsweetened coconut to make it more of a pretty desert.  I like the wide flakes. 

Well these are some things that helped me and hopefully they will encourage you to keep at it and have success!!  Becky

Hi I just wanted to tell you - that I had a horrible time with cutting sweet and sticking to program (whole30) - if you don't have the book "it starts with food"  it really helps - it has lots of info that helps but Master Recipes and ideas.  You can go in and sign up for whole30 daily ($14.95) and you get a daily e-mail with is a step a day.  That really helped me when I went through it the 2nd time (Jan-Feb) this year.  I found using sweet potatoes roasted in oven with butter or yams (prepared same way) make a 13x9 pan so you have left overs.  I make scrambled eggs by using coconut oil and sauté onions and spinach in oil and add eggs with turmeric.  or what ever I want to add that is veggie.  I also love the master recipes that make more than a days amount.  I make them with different things.  the Master hamburger recipe - made into Asian broccoli or the one with carrots and broccoli - the next day I will add some zucchini or peppers (of my choice).  I also found that butternut squash roasted in oven with butter - then separate into separate little container (I do this with both sweet potatoes and squash) then put them in freezer, this way I can pull them out and use for whatever meal I want - I also use raspberries and blueberries with my eggs or for desert I had unsweetened coconut to make it more of a pretty desert.  I like the wide flakes. 

Well these are some things that helped me and hopefully they will encourage you to keep at it and have success!!  Becky

Hi Becky.  These suggestions are great.

Just to clarify - when you say "butter" are you referring to clarified butter?  Regular butter is not Whole30 compliant, but clarified butter and ghee are.

Archived