Best sugar to re-introduce?

Megan_M

My parents are doing the whole30 with me and are really missing a little sweetness is their coffee. What would be the best sugar to re-introduce? Coconut palm sugar, maple sugar?? Just trying to find the best option for them. My mom was putting 4-6 Splenda in her multiple cups of coffee and even more in her iced tea. So getting to a more natural option would be the best.

I would say no sugar is allowed. I quit coffee when starting and am on day 34 happy I don't need it anymore because I liked sugar in it. I would say- never use Splenda- it's Poision and sugar is a little better but not on whole 30 if they want the full effect. Good luck!

• Moderators

I agree that during the Whole 30 they pretty much need to go cold turkey to slay that sugar dragon. By the time they're post Whole 30, my guess is they won't have the taste for such sweetness anymore.

However, when I'm post W30, I sometimes use a little lakanto or stevia to sweeten a hot beverage when I'm really craving it. But any hyper sweet flavor--sugary or no--can cause an insulin spike, so I keep that to a minimum.

They've gone cold turkey on sugar for the whole30 (we're on day 20) but my parents really miss a little sweetness in their morning cup of coffee and tea. So what would be the best everyday sugar to use after w30?

Hmm, before whole 30 I thought sugar in the raw, now I'm not so sure. I'm sure they will try it in coffee after and be sick. Also the fact they still want it, means they should probably do 45 to 60 days on whole 30. I didn't want it anymore after a week, the thought made me sick almost, no more cravings. 

Archived