First Whole30 - Military Style - 3/17/2014

ChelCRae

Hey Folks!

So this is my first time taking the Whole30 challenge!! Luckily, I have a great support system that is doing it with me. My husband has graciously decided to give up his love for cheese and coffee (large quantities) to support me in this adventure!  I also have a few friends that have jumped on this crazy train as well. 

I'm hoping to kill my sugar monster (because it is HUGEEEE!!!) I definitely have an addiction to sugar ... no doubt about it.  But, I also want to have food freedom.  No more being a slave to food!!!  I can tell this is going to be a long journey, but hopefully one that betters me in the end!

I would love any tips or tricks that make the process less boring and easier to get through. I'll be writing back soon (if we don't kill one another by the end of the first week that is!).

- Chelsea

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" - 1 Corinthians 10:31

You can do it! I finished my first whole 30 Feb 20th and I'm starting my second one today. My main trick was to turn the lights off in my kitchen after dinner and I literally put a "kitchen closed" sign on my fridge. I was a big after dinner snacker/dessert monster. I got in the habit of settling down with a cup of tea at night instead of my Ben and Jerry's. If I still felt cravings I would go brush my teeth. I starting doing more things with my hands like knitting and playing piano (my diet buddy would scrapbook) instead of reaching into a chip bag. Hope this helps! BTW love your verse at the end!

It's been a solid first week.  I haven't felt any of the terrible symptoms that I read about.  Maybe they'll pop up later this week, but I am DEFINITELY looking forward to the "tiger-blood" feeling.  Sleepiness is my biggest problem right now.  Just general low energy.

hehe I remember when I would have thought the same thing!

I can't even imagine doing this a second time!! lol

Now, I don't find the thought of another Whole30 scary at all. Funny how things change :)

If you're feeling sleepy, you might need some more carbs, are you getting enough starchy veggies?

That's crazy because we definitely just realized that I have NOT been eating enough carbs! It wasn't even the fact that I was trading them for fruits.  I would eat my protein (probably fat too) and then I'd be full ... no room for veggies!! But, I was nauseous and sleepy ... so more starchy veggies for me!

I haven't hit the Tiger Blood yet ... so maybe it will change once I get to that stage!

Archived