Brazilian Steakhouse

Lhandley614

Hello all! I have made it to day 13 of my whole30 and am feeling good and cooking lots! Now, I have done much research and generally decided like many others here on the forum that eating is out is just kind of difficult so we have stayed away from it for the most part.

However...for the upcoming weekend there is a large get together at a Brazilian Steakhouse. There is a large salad bar available which will be wonderful, but in reading about the Brazilian steakhouse, they bring skewers of meat to your table and cut it off for you. It states that the meat is seasoned by simply cooking in its own juices. Long story short- should I trust this and have some meat? It really does sound like it could work?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :)

This sounds almost too good to be true. :) 

To be on the safe side, I'd call ahead to check whether they use any seasonings or marinade and, if so, are they compliant: ask especially about gluten, sugar, soy and MSG.

Also, know that the salad offerings are basically like a ton of sides and almost all of them are already dressed.  You may be able to ask them to reserve some veggies without dressings.

Oh, and they sometimes bring grilled veggies.  These may work for you, assuming that the grilled meats are also safe.

I went to a brazillian steakhouse a while ago and a couple of the chicken skewers they brought around were marinated and seasoned, but the beef was pretty safe. Also it was a standard salad bar with all the veggies separate and dressing on the side, and then there were other cooked sides also, like sweet potatoes (had brown sugar and probably butter on them) and several pastas and rice dishes. As far as I could taste, the grilled veggies just had salt, pepper, and oil on them, maybe garlic. But definitely call ahead and make sure of the seasonings they use if any.

Thanks for the feedback! I did call to verify and it appears that all of the beef options will be good! The chicken and the pork may contain some wine so I will just pass on those.I'm counting this as a win and will stick with fresh veggies and my own dressing for the salad bar.

Archived