sugar real vs artificial

Im just curious for those that do choose to indulge in some sugar do you use the real stuff? Do you use or avoid artificial sugar?

I avoid artificial sugar. It is poison and should not be consumed. FYI the food manufacturers created this product to stimulate the pleasure center of your brain so that you would become addicted to it. Stay Away. I would also stay away from high fructose corn syrup. Again the food manufactures discovered that this product gets to the pleasure center of your brain faster than regular sugar. Did you ever wonder why the large soda companies changed from sugar to high fructose corn syrup? I do use regular sugar, honey, agave nectar, molasses, coconut sugar, organic sugar if needed but I don't have it everyday or even every week. It is amazing how your taste buds will change when you start eating real food, and growing real food if you can. The carrots in my garden taste so sweet, so much better then the grocery store.

Thats what I have been thinking. What about stevia or truvia

I don't like stevia. I try not to eat anything that has to be refined. I believe Melissa H. stated in her book or website that if you bite into a stevia leaf it is not sweet. It has to be refined to get to the sweetness.

Artificial sugars are the one thing I am the most adamant about keeping OUT of my life post Whole30.  I have consumed a ridiculous amount of Splenda over the past 10 years... in my coffee, even in my oatmeal!  I'm actually afraid of the damage I could have done.  There's also a lot of evidence that artificial sugars can lead to weight gain because of the body's reaction to receiving the sweetness without the satiety that it is biologically wired to expect to follow.  Just nasty stuff. 

When we occasionally eat sweets or need to sweeten something after this 30 days is over, I think we will be using local honey or turbinado.  We don't plan on adding it back on any regular basis to coffee or tea at all.

Archived