do i need to restart?

ugh! i ate peas!! i was visiting my parents and the only (canned & frozen) veggies they had that didn't contain added sugar was frozen peas. i forgot that peas were a legume. i wish i could say that i only ate them for dinner last night, but they sent them home with me and i had some with breakfast and lunch as well. i just now realized my mistake, and i'm pretty devastated because i think this equals a restart. i am on day 20.

i think i am further devastated because i was the poster child for bad eating & eating habits prior to whole30 (with the exception of a few stints of raw vegetarianism over the past year), and managed to stay compliant with two family birthday parties and more importantly while my boyfriend and i broke up and he moved out - in the past that would have been a food fest for me.

so give me the verdict, however harsh, i can take it. i've enjoyed eating like this and was planning a whole60, or whole# anyway – so i am trying to focus on that and not on the set back of a potential restart.

thanks in advance for the support & advice!

ugh! i ate peas!! i was visiting my parents and the only (canned & frozen) veggies they had that didn't contain added sugar was frozen peas. i forgot that peas were a legume. i wish i could say that i only ate them for dinner last night, but they sent them home with me and i had some with breakfast and lunch as well. i just now realized my mistake, and i'm pretty devastated because i think this equals a restart. i am on day 20.

i think i am further devastated because i was the poster child for bad eating & eating habits prior to whole30 (with the exception of a few stints of raw vegetarianism over the past year), and managed to stay compliant with two family birthday parties and more importantly while my boyfriend and i broke up and he moved out - in the past that would have been a food fest for me.

so give me the verdict, however harsh, i can take it. i've enjoyed eating like this and was planning a whole60, or whole# anyway – so i am trying to focus on that and not on the set back of a potential restart.

thanks in advance for the support & advice!

I don't believe this calls for a restart. Although peas are non compliant on the whole30 you ate them accidently and if that is the worst thing you eat on your whole30 I think you are doing pretty good. Congratulations on staying compliant through all the stress in your life! You deserve some pampering! How is everything else going on your whole30? It sound like you had a great 20 days. Celebrate! Happy St. Patrick's Day.

thank you all very much!!

tina, my whole30 is going great - i am so grateful that i stumbled upon it.  all of my cravings have disappeared and i feel so much more in control of my eating.  my body composition is definitely changing, and i am enjoying the vacation from the scale.  in short, i feel great!  i have zero hunger though, but i am sure that will work itself out and in the meantime i am trying to eat three meals as i should.  thanks again for the support!!

Archived