Day one and it sucked

LilVee

I'm Paleo and have been for over a year and I think this is harder on me than I originally thought. I usually eat 80/20 and now being told I can't have this or that makes it feel like a diet whereas Paleo is/was a lifestyle for me and this whole 30 is just a restart/diet for me. I have to get out of my head about it because that means I can fail. I just need to get out of me head.

I didn't do badly today, I just obsessed about every little thing and was frustrated. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better.

I'm sure that tomorrow will be better for you.  Okay, maybe Day 3 will be better!  I'm on Day 11 today, and I was very frustrated and anxious on Day 1 & 2.  Like you, I had been about 80 - 85 percent Paleo before this, my first, Whole30.  I guess that I thought that it would be easier than it was, at first.

I would encourage you because I'm starting to feel (for the first time) the evening out of my energy levels.  Yep,  I might get hungry, but it's not the same thing.  I think, "Yes, I'm a bit hungry, but I'm okay.  I don't need to eat a handful of almonds before my walk."

Also, I invested in the "Well Fed" cookbooks, and I love them!  My tried and true Paleo, plus new ideas from the cookbooks, really make our mealtimes feel pretty special.  I cook for a large family every day, and we're feeling more spoiled than deprived.

But, the first couple days were hard.  You're right.  But, you can do this!  Especially since you've already eaten pretty Paleo for a while now.  Grit your teeth, say a prayer, and force yourself to keep on smiling.  It's so worth it!

I guess it all depends what the 20% used to be.  If it was a hero sandwich this will be a big change.  I had less of a conversion to make (I'm on day 9) and the first week was definitely up and down.  So stick with it and you will feel better in the next few days!

Archived