day 31

Babsie95

Well I made it through. I feel great have energy have been getting good sleep am not usually hungry and my mood has been much more even. I lost 15 pounds (of 100 pounds needed) and one inch from my waist. I recognize these successes and am happy and proud.

However I am struggling with feeling disappointed. Im not really sure why. I need to change my attitude because I dont want to undo my progress. I even feel guilty for feeling this way. I guess I just needed to vent a bit. Any thoughts or support would be appreciated.

I have planned my reintro carefully. Today is soy and legumes

Not exactly sure. I wanted to lose more weight (which us probably unreasonable) and more inches. I don't think I have any reason to feel this way

I am sorry you feel this way. I hope you can celebrate the victories. On my last whole30 I did not lose 1 single pound, never got tiger blood and still only sleep 6 hours per night. The only improvement I had was with my acid reflux. We are all different and some of us have amazing earth shattering results and some of us have small victories. 15 lbs in 30 days seems like a huge victory. Remember it took you more than 30 days to put the weight on so it will take you longer than 30 to take it off. I would stick with Paleo and I am sure the rest of the weight will be gone before you know it. 

Hi Babsie95, reasonable or not, I think it is totally ok to feel how you feel!

Sometimes we are humans are unreasonable creatures. I lost 3kg (about 6.5lb) over the last 30 days. I have a lifetime of conditioning that thinner is better, so the weight loss number is the thing that stands for my success or failure. I think that is normal, but i also think I might try coming from a different angle.

I think we women have a lot of voices in our heads at times, and sometimes they contradict each other. So I choose to listen to the voice that empowers me. I've decided to keep on without the scales - I don't really want my morning mood to be decided by a number anymore. I'm listening to no more mood swings, better skin, less cravings, an ability to feel when I'm full, delicious healthy foods. I'm not listening to "you should weigh...".

Hope you can hear some love in your head too! K x

Archived