Christie's W30 Logs (start 3/17/14)

HealingWithin

Hello!

I started my W30 yesterday, 3/17/14. I have attempted a W30 a number of times in the past and have never made it past day 10 or 11. I have also tried just eating W30 style and that hasn't gone as well as I'd hoped. I have recently been looking a even deeper layers (long history) of my relationship to food and realized that the whole day 10 or 11 thing is 100% mental. So, I am planning to be super mindful of that when the chocolate starts calling and I start telling myself that this is too hard. I have created so many things in my life, I know I can create this if I really put my mind to it.

I am also willing for this to take more than 30 days.

I want to establish my goals:

::: reconnect with my physical body - the past year and a half have been super intense for me emotionally (I found out that my Dad isn't actually my dad, I am 37). Somewhere along the way, I lost touch with my body, what I was eating, and how I was moving. A few years ago, I would have sworn to you that I had all that figured out but I can now see that I am being invited into a whole new layer of awareness for myself with all this. So, awareness it will be.

::: resolve some issues I have faced with past attempts. 1) waking up hungry in the middle of the night 2) waiting way too long to eat and then eating outside of the template 3) giving up on day 10 or 11

::: Be totally honest with myself about the emotional and mental components around eating

::: Drink half my body weight in ounces each day. I took a starting weight yesterday (Day 1) and will use that amount as the amount for the W30 as I am not going to weigh again until Day 31.

::: Constipation. This is an ongoing issue that in past attempts gets worse. I want to figure out what is up there.

Food Log for yesterday:

Day 1

9 AM 3 eggs (lard), kale + carrots + onions (lard), sugar free breakfast sausage, 2 dried plums, cold brew with coconut milk

2 PM lamb, mixed vegetables, spices, homemade mayo

7:30 PM banana

8:30 PM salmon, sweet potato with coconut butter, zoodles with garlic (lard)

I ended up editing some of my work starting at 4:45 and then worked later than I intended and ate the banana while cooking dinner. Am trying to be more mindful of this because it is a recurring problem. Today, I am setting timers. Feels kind of lame to do that but I am all for doing whatever works.

With that, I am going to make lunch. :D

Yesterday went well, though, I woke up after only 6 hours of sleep starving. As I mentioned in my first post, that has been an issue in previous attempts at W30 so today, I am going to eat even more and see what happens.

Day 2 Food Log:

6:00 AM (my body FINALLY got back on east coast time after a trip to Napa a couple weeks ago!) 3 eggs (lard), sugar free breakfast sausage, kale + onions + carrots (lard) + white wine vinegar, cold brew with coconut milk

12:00 PM ground lamb + mixed veggies + spices (Penzies "Lamb") + homemade mayo

6:30 PM pork chop, b. nut squash puree (used lard in place of ghee - recipe here) topped with coconut butter, roasted green beans (lard)

7:30 PM I still felt hungry, like, fish and vegetables hungry, so I added some additional broth to the puree and tuned it into soup, hot tea

I also noticed a little heartburn in the evening. Will begin paying closer attention to any patterns that are arising around this. I used to have chronic issues with this but going gluten free/paleo mainly solved it (about 4.5 years ago).

I am makig this short and sweet since I am on my phone!

Day 3 Food Log:

6 am: 3 eggs (lard), sugar free breakfast sausage, kale and onions (lard), banana, coffee with coconut milk

11 am: lamb, mixed veg, spices, mayo

3 pm: salmon and sardine salad made with mayo, sliced tomatoes, cukes

7pm: chicken wings with hot sauce (Tessamaes) sweet pot. With almond butter, roasted brussel sprouts (lard)

Drank lots of water!!

Things are going well so far. I did wake up really exhausted today but have felt better as the day has progressed.

Day 4 log:

M1: 3 eggs (avo oil) sugar free breakfast sausage, kale (avocado oil) , blueberries, coffee with coconut milk

M2: bison + mixed veg + taco seasoning (homemade), mayo

M3: leg of lamb, sweet pot with almond butter, asparagus (lard)

Lots of sugar cravings yesterday. Want to kill all the things today.

Hi Christie,

I also started my Whole 30 on the 17th. I love reading your log. It's giving my new ideas for veggies beacuse I'm getting tired of sweet potatoes and baby spinach salads. I need to find some Whole 30 approved Lard, the roasted green beans sound great!

Good luck, You can do it!! :0)

Hi Christie,

I also started my Whole 30 on the 17th. I love reading your log. It's giving my new ideas for veggies beacuse I'm getting tired of sweet potatoes and baby spinach salads. I need to find some Whole 30 approved Lard, the roasted green beans sound great!

Good luck, You can do it!! :0)

I buy the lard from US Wellness Meats.

Roasted veggies are fantastic :)

Archived