Starting April 1 - and it is no joke!

EmmaSthlm

Thanks for starting this thread, Emma. I'm also starting on April 1. And I see you are from Sweden--I spent last year in Umea, in northern Sweden, and loved every moment. Do you have many friends in Sweden who are also doing the Whole30? Good luck!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So excited there are so many other people starting Whole 30 on April 1st.  This will be my first Whole30 experience, and my first effort at eating Paleo.  I finally got fed up with not eating well, not exercising enough and not sleeping well.  I started phasing out sugars, gluten, dairy, and alcohol last week and its been going very well.  This is my first forum post, so I'll keep it short, and keep digging around to figure out my niche.  Good luck this week everyone!

I am starting April 1st too! This weekend i made well fed's chocolate chili (half ground beef, half bison) ground beef w/ onions and chicken for ready made protein. i am figuring if all i have to cook is the veggies then that should help on time. Microwaved some sweet potatoes for post workout meal. 

i was planning on starting today but when i woke up i realized i didn't have anything really to eat for breakfast. i need to get more veggies and i will start tomorrow. 

Yay! 

Cheers to good (REAL) food! 

Hi everyone!

I am also starting a whole30 tomorrow with the intention of making it at least a whole45.  I completed my first whole30 in January and have slipped back into my old pattern of eating, so I am hoping that if I commit to a longer challenge then these new habits will stick!  Looking forward to checking in on the forum to see how everyone is doing!

I'm re-starting tomorrow! I had a good week and then just blew it on the weekend. I've also gone about 20 days on the Whole 30 and really noticed a difference so I really want to see a Whole 30 through! I've already made some great changes to my diet, including no soda, no sugar/creamer laden coffee, and cut out gluten as I was diagnosed with celiac in February. Ready to re-commit - my biggest issue that I want to conquer in addition to being compliant is to work on portion size and eliminate snacking. I cooked up a bunch on the weekend so I'll have plenty of meals. I would have been starting today but realized I ate some coconut chips that were sweetened with sugar - READ YOUR LABELS!  

Ready, set, go everyone.

Greetings, all! I'm starting my 2nd Whole 30 today, the 31st. I hope you don't mind if I join you as well?

A copy/paste of the introduction I posted in the March 31st thread:

About me: I'm a 39yo SAHM from MS. I completed a Whole30 (more of a Whole45ish) after the New Year with much success... weight loss galore! Since then, the last few months have been great for body comp changes (inches lost) and increases in fitness level (yay!) but no real progress as far as weight loss goes ... and I have a LOT to lose! I am pretty sure this is because I have been eating well/working out consistently Monday through Friday and then feeling entitled on the weekend, giving in to the little rascal on my shoulder whispering "You deserve this!" when confronted with weekend treats. 

As well, refined carbs had crept back into my daily diet (No, Kitty! Bad, Kitty!) as I had returned to simply calorie counting in an attempt to get away from stressing about food on a macro level. While it's definitely shown itself to be a great plan for maintenance, I'm once again impatient to move forward with my health and weight loss goals. Time to clean this diet up!

Additional motivation: My one year lifestyle anniversary is April 4th (104 pounds lost so far!) and I'm looking forward to kicking off my 2nd year nourishing my body with whole, healthy foods, kicking tail in the gym and generally being awesome! Also, I am going on a 7 day cruise in November! So exciting ...

I look forward to sharing the next 30 days with you all. Best of luck to you! =)

Hey everyone! I am starting tomorrow too. This will be my second one--as I did my first one January 1st. Since then I have had a bit of a battle with sugar and thus I plan on making this a Whole60.

I have all my food bought and I am prepping a good chunk tonight--slow cooker ribs, cauli-rice, eggs and chorizo, spaghetti squash! I also have some applesauce and bananas, as I plan to eat more fruit throughout this entire process. 

I am curious to see if I go through the exact same symptoms as I did the first time I did this. Have I changed my eating habits enough to by-pass this?? 

Good luck to everyone going into tomorrow, and come here often! The support is invaluable! 

-- Christine

http://xinesbattleofherbulge.com/

Hey everybody!  Me too!  I mostly eat Paleo and Primal, but struggle with sugar.  I did half of a W30--got snowed in and broke down and ate bad stuff. That was in February. Ready to get back on board.  So glad to see so many people along for the journey! 

I would love any lunch ideas for being on the road if anyone has them.  I travel by car a lot for my job, and eating out can be a challenge.

WE GOT THIS!

I'm eager to hear how everyone's first day went!  All okay here.  Nothing much to report.  I see that a lot of us are trying to slay the sugar beast, and that is my biggest challenge.  I have been perimenopausal for several years, and I am really hoping that my sleep can improve like the book and the testimonials say it will. Oh, for a great night's sleep!

Happy Day One!

Hey all!!! I started on April 1st too!!! This is my second whole30 I did one in Jan and loved it, since then I've gone completely offtrack eating all the junk I did before & starting to feel yuk again! So I thought why not restart!!

Hope everyones first days went well :) :)

Today was mostly without incident for me--all good choices for food and got my CrossFit workout in! Also did "before" pictures so I have a good comparison to use at the end. 

I did find myself yawning a lot in the afternoon, which isn't normal, but I also usually have some chocolate at the point so that might be it!

Looking forward to tomorrow--pulled pork, ribs and stir fry! What is everyone else having?

Made it through day 1 but went a little over board with the cashews...I just have to face it that they are definitely a food with no brakes for me so no more for this whole 30. Now bath, tea and bed so no temptations. Good luck with day 2 everybody.

I started today too, and I agree with you, its no joke! I already have a terrible headache... I have asked the ladies in my Sunday School class to pray for me as I really hope I can stick this out. I have fibromyalgia and am hoping to control the flares better by getting rid of all the crap I eat. I am definitely having sugar withdrawals. Not so much hungry as I really miss my coffee with french vanilla creamer...  ;)

Yeah, my April 1st start was an April Fools fail.  I left my house without a decent M2 and ended up sneaking a piece of chocolate at checkout at Whole Foods while I was buying some kombucha.  Restart this morning.  This is my fourth whole30 - I've been doing them about every other month since September.  This is more of a lifestyle for me, as I have fibromyalgia and my aches go away when I stick to a paleo way of eating.  I do 30 days strict whole30 and then ease off a bit for the next month, but I tend to cheat too much unless I stick to whole30.  So I'll be sticking with your group for the month  :-)

Tracy

Hi! My name is Danielle and I started yesterday and was hesitant about joining a forum. Never done one of these things before. I would love to join if I can. I think I will need a good support system. I am on my second day, felt great yesterday but woke up with quite a headache this morning. Did any of you guys have any withdrawal symptoms the first couple days? Any suggestions?

Hi! My name is Danielle and I started yesterday and was hesitant about joining a forum. Never done one of these things before. I would love to join if I can. I think I will need a good support system. I am on my second day, felt great yesterday but woke up with quite a headache this morning. Did any of you guys have any withdrawal symptoms the first couple days? Any suggestions?

This is perfectly normal--day 2 and 3 are the hangover days--your body is releasing all the crap that was eaten the days leading into the Whole30. I am not experiencing a headache, but I am definitely tired! I am missing my coffee with all that sugar. I am really thankful I was still making my meals the Whole30 way since January. I am a little hopeful my hangover won't be terrible.

http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/

Hi everyone! Spent yesterday cooking up a storm with my mother (also doing the Whole30). We made spaghetti sauce, ghee, sweet potato and chorizo frittata, pork and shrimp cabbage rolls, cauliflower sundried tomato hummus, carrot ginger soup, steamed (hard boiled) eggs, and roasted a chicken! It took most of the day but I know from my last Whole30 how important it is to prep prep prep.

I am feeling pretty tired today but mostly because my 2 year old is transitioning from her crib to a toddler bed which is meaning much less sleep for mama! I feel happy though, and confident in getting through this Whole30.

I hope everyone is feeling strong and having a great Wednesday!! :)

Minda - You sure did bring it! And everything you cooked up sounds yummy too. Can I come over?! lol  

Hi all, I'm a newbie too.  I am 2 days old today! lol Yesterday was just like the timeline, I felt like it was no big deal. I think that means I got in enough protein and fats to tide me over from meal 1 to meal 3. I didn't snack or go off track. Yay for day 1.  Today is pretty good so far.  

How is Team April1st doing? yesterday was great for me! although i was checking the time and wanting it to hurry up cause i was scared to get hungry before it was time for my next meal. 

Day 1 - woke up feeling great, motivated, and ready to start this thang. (i've spent a lot of money to prep so failure is not an option) 

M1 - 3 eggs, spinach, 1/2 avocado, sweet pototo, 1/2 cup berries + water

M2 - chocolate chili w/ onion sprinkled on top, baby carrots (forgot my 1/2 avocado for fat)

PW - sweet potatoes w/ cinnamon on top (warmed up before i left work still warm enough to taste good after my wkout)

M3 - chocolate chili w/ onion and tomato on top w/ 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cup berries + water 

Day 2 - woke up feeling great again, a little sore from my workout yesterday (1st day back in 3 weeks)

M1 - coffee w/ coconut cream, 3 eggs scrambled w/ ground beef, spinach, sweet potatoe hash, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 cara cara orange w/ water

M2 - eggs scrambled w/ ground beef, olives, 1/2 cara cara orange w/ water

PW - sweet potatoes

M3 - chicken apple sausages w/ roasted w/ ghee bell peppers, 1 tangerine 

my meals need work but i am learning...i feel like i may be eating too much though. ??

Archived