Starting April 1 - and it is no joke!

EmmaSthlm

Thanks for the link to the timeline, coco12.  I never saw that before.  I think I may be having a mild case of kill things (kids bugging me) but I'm erring more on the side of PMS.

Sorry to hear about your father's passing, Tracy.  I hope you were still able to enjoy some family time at Legoland. 

AFM, I'm feeling great.  Lots of energy in the mornings, I could even survive without coffee but I just enjoy it's warmth at this point.  But my workouts are going strong and I'm feeling really good.
I am worried that I may be eating too many calories, so I logged yesterday and came out to around 1800, right on target IMO. 
Today I made my own Ghee, sriacha and may take a crack at tomato sauce soon so the kids have a healthier option.

Is anyone flying solo, doing this on their own?  The rest of the house doing their own thing?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey hey!

So today is day 10 and it's supposed to be the day when we feel this, want a reward and kinda want to quit, according to the timeline. Honestly, and maybe it's because this is my second one {can anyone confirm this?}, I don't feel like I need a reward and I even forgot what day I was on. 

Today someone from work brought in 3 boxes of donuts. I wanted to smash the boxes at about 2pm, when I went into the break room to get some water. The boxes were open. I could SMELL the sugar. Ffffffff

Drtracyb, so sorry about the loss of your dad. I can't imagine what you are going through, but am glad you are here and doing a whole60 {so am I}. 

This weekend my friends and I are going to try making almond milk and plantain chips. I might have even gone to Tuesday Morning and bought an adorable milk jug :P

Hang in there people! You are now 1/3 of the way through!

So today is day 10 and it's supposed to be the day when we feel this, want a reward and kinda want to quit, according to the timeline. Honestly, and maybe it's because this is my second one {can anyone confirm this?}, I don't feel like I need a reward and I even forgot what day I was on.

I caught myself talking myself into a beer tonight using the words "I deserve it".  Honestly, that's how I have rewarded myself for a hard week of watching what I eat and working out, beers on Saturday.

I have had a lot of loose stools lately.  No fun, I hope it passes soon.

Hey everybody!  Still hanging in there!  The improved sleep was short-lived, unfortunately.  My energy is still good, somehow.  But I don't seem to come to life until about noon!  Had the bloats just as the timeline predicted.  Also, I can see how it would be easy to rest on your laurels at day 10 or so and think, no big deal, I could go off this and get back on, etc.  Had to reminds myself about why I'm doing this.

drtracyb, with that timeline, I am SURE I would not be able to stay on plan.  Kudos to you for jumping back on!

kel, what would I do with sriracha?  I've seen it mentioned on paleo websites, but I don't think I have ever had it.

WE GOT THIS!

kel, what would I do with sriracha?  I've seen it mentioned on paleo websites, but I don't think I have ever had it.

I add it to my eggs in the morning for a spicy kick.  A very little goes a long, long way.  But the stuff on the shelf has sugar in it.

Hi there.  I just signed up but I've read all of your posts.  I started on 4/1, too.  However, I have been eating gluten free and dairy free for a few years, so my timeline has been much milder so far.  I am the main cook in my family of 4 and keeping the rest of the family happy has been hard sometimes, but they have mostly liked what I've made.  I'm just tired of thawing out meat and cooking veggies every day and my family (and I) get tired of casserole type dishes, especially with Spring upon us and a bit of warmer weather.  And I miss my white rice!

Keep up the great work everyone!  We can do it!

I thought I was PMSing but I will admit now that I am still in the 'Kill Things' stage.  And the cramps, they must be from the gut adjusting.  I'm bloated and just feeling crummy digestive wise.  I picked up some kombucha today to help.

I'm not sure if my meals have been Whole30 appoved or SWYPO meals, but I love to cook and love cookbooks and food blogs.  Tonight I made Nom Nom Paleo's Big Bacon Burger with portabello mushroom buns, greens, avocado, paleo sriacha and kale chips and asparagus on the side.

I read another post last night about skipping carbs PWO and I haven't been doing that.  Oops, I'll have to revist that page when my friend returns my ISWF book.

1/3 of the way done! 

kel be, the gut adjustment is the hardest part of this, in my opinion.  I'm still going through some of that, too.  It has gotten better and I have had a kombucha from time to time as well. 

I slept all night last night.  Hope this is a trend!  I had gotten so far off of my healthy eating patterns that I am already feeling much better.  It kinda makes me sad to think that it's for realz that I can't eat bad food and feel good.  Gotta put on the Big Girl Panties!  Which will hopefully be One Size Smaller!

Day 11, Friday, another sunny day in the NW and I am feeling great!  I slept well last night, after having a week of dreams that would send a psychiatrist to his text books, am feeling stronger mentally about this diet and meal planning--everything is going GREAT today!  Like I said before, I've been gluten-free and dairy free for several years, so I think my timeline is off from average, but I am LIKING this! W30 is rocking my world! :)

D12, feeling better, not so much like a beached whale today.  I fear that I'm eating more than 2 palm sizes of protein at each meal but I think that's OK.  I upped my weight with Les Mills Pump last night and that felt great! 

But I'm still snapping at my kids a lot (4 and 19 months), I hope this passes soon.

How is everyone else doing?

I've been eating such nice big breakfasts that I tend to eat a late lunch and occasionally skip lunch for just a snack before dinner.  Probably not such a good plan.  My snacks are still compliant though.  And since all 3 meals are interchangeable it gets kinda boring sometimes.  We don't eat seafood in our house for the most part because my hubby is allergic, so protein choices are more limited.  Are any of you supplementing probiotics?  I think I need to, but I need to get one that is not chewable (my kids take those), so they don't have sugar in them.....

Doing well today.  I am traveling for work so had to find compliant food at Trader Joe's.  Can you believe a can of anchovies looked appealing to me?  I had that for M1 with some cherry tomatoes.  M2 was chicken salad that I had made and brought with me.  M3 will be roasted chicken legs and more tomatoes.  A little limiting but better than the alternative.  I am an emergency veterinarian and work the overnights.  My eating is atrocious when I go off the rails.

I'm craving beer so bad, ugh!  DH was drinking one at dinner last night and I was nearly drooling.  A thought popped into my head - "When he bathes the kids sneak out to the garage and chug one.  Then hide the burps".  I literly said WOW out loud, I couldn't beleive I had that thought.

I hard a really difficult shop yesterday! Hungry + Supermarket = bad idea, mmmm I could have some bread...nope ooooo maybe some chips...nope Oh a nice glass of wine (I don't even like to drink!!) managed to make it through the shop without anything bad getting into the basket!! But I wont be going shopping hungry again!!!

Day 14 though! Almost half way through!! Great going guys :D :D

I had a rough weekend--I wanted chocolate in the worst way. I was strong, but eating applesauce in its place is not the same!! This just shows how much I need to work on my addiction to chocolate. I have even gotten accustomed to not having my Starbucks. But chocolate? Now that is a decades old relationship and it's showing how hard it is to not have it. 

I tried a new recipe over the weekend--cilantro lime dirty cauliflower rice. EPIC WIN. Here is the recipe, if you want to try it.I would suggest getting the chorizo cooked before adding the cauliflower to the pan, but that would be the only change I would make. SO GOOD.

What is on everyone's menu this week? Besides my dirty rice, I made a pizza spaghetti bake from paleOMG and I am making taco meat out of some buffalo meat I bought Saturday. All delicious :)

Day 14, and it has gone really well.  The hardest part so far has been not weighing, rather than the food choices. Cooking lots of great food has been fun. I haven't missed my nightly bourbon, much to my huge surprise. And coconut has replaced heavy cream nicely, while avocado is yummier than cheese, I now realize.

But tonight is my first real social event--a passover seder. It's going to be a challenge to stay compliant. I'm bringing roasted sweet potatoes and also green beans with a balsamic glaze and toasted pecans--2 of my favorite veggie dishes. Plus I brought to work an extra serving of protein+veggies that I can eat before going to the seder, to help me keep from eating non-compliant stuff. I should also probably run by the store and get a bottle of sparkling water and a lime so I can feel like I'm having a drink. 

My husband is Jewish, but I'm not, so  I assume I can skip actually eating the ritual parts of the meal that aren't compliant (the matzoh, the gelfilte fish, the charoset) without offending anyone. This is a pretty low-key reform congregation.

Wish me luck!  

This weekend was rough.  I really wanted a beer.  Still do.

My bloating has subsided and boom, got my period early this morning.  At least that answers the fatigue during my workouts the last few days.  Oh the bright side, my period is a lot lighter than normal (thank gosh!).

Still, I feel drained.  I may add some more carbs over the next few days and see how I do.  I know I need some more during my cycle, I'm just torn on carbs PWO or just protein.

We are hosting Easter Lunch and figuring out what I'll be able to eat.  This would be so much better if my husband was doing it with me.

chanan88, great job on surviving the supermarket.  It's not hard, I still gravitate to some of the meals/foods that are already prepped and ready to go.  And when the smell of fresh bread is in the air, I drool

xine23, I was craving sweets a lot this past week too.  I ate about 1/4 c of dried fruit a few nights this last week.  I keep choocolate out of the house as much as possible.  I can't control myself once I start.

tiva, I've been tempted to peek at the scale too, but I'm happy I haven't.  Great job on bringing your own food.  Have a great seder.

I tried my hand at cauliflower rice for the first time last night and it was ok.  I added some homemade pesto to it for flavor and the combination was really good, but the texture was a bit lacking.  Mine ended up being more like mashed cauli even though I processed it before cooking.  BUT, it seems like a good base for lots of different flavors, so that's a good thing!  And my two non-picky eaters liked it too! :)

My main struggle is meal planning, but that has always been a struggle for me and it's a struggle I NEED to overcome for my own sanity and that of my family.

Other than that, I'm just humming along, speeding toward the finish line.  We're almost half way there!!  Yes, I can avoid sweets for 2 more weeks.  Oh, and one cool thing, I realized some time ago that the salsa we normally buy has added sugar.  Well, last time I went to the store I found some salsa that has no sugar in it AND fewer ingredients total than the old salsa!  I bought new fish sauce, too, because our old one has sugar in it.  Who knew that there could be so much hidden sugar.  Sheesh.

Hey guys, sorry I didn't check in this weekend--extremely busy.  What happened to the days when I actually had a weekend that was FREE and not full of obligations?

I am still compliant, though!  And happy to report that my sleep is MUCH improved (although it couldn't have gotten worse).  This seems to be easier as I go along.  I'm with you guys on the sweet cravings.  Really intense over the weekend.  I also have been craving fast food, I am embarrassed to admit.  Once in a while I will eat some fast food and got to craving that over the weekend too,  But I resisted.

I told my friend about the W30 when I did my first try at it in February.  She started one, and she saw her doctor.  Lost 7.5 lbs, dropped her cholesterol 100 points (!) and all of her other numbers were much improved.  She was able to drop her Crestor from 20mg to 5mg.  I bet she'll be off of it really soon!  Amazing!

Have a great Tuesday everybody!

No tiger blood or boost of energy, but if my kids would sleep through the night I may have a chance.  Then again, I have been pulling weeds and cleaning the house for family for Sunday.  Still, sitting on the couch seems like a great idea.

And I'm still having thoughts about giving up, that I've gone far enough and not looking to add anything in but my Saturday beer.  I think I'm just tired of the struggle in the house: DH is still counting calories, working out with me and doesn't want to switch to paleo.  I'm happy and enjoying not having to count calories and just feeling damn good, but he's been frustrated with trying to figure out what to make Sunday for me to eat plus a few other allergies in the guest list too.

Day 17= migraine :( I couldn't battle it anymore, and I took some excedrin migraine with caffeine around 1 p.m..I did not even look to see what was in the tablet, my head hurts so bad it was two little ones around me, well saying that Mommy has a bad headache is like speaking Greek to them.

anyways, I'm still in the I want to give up stage. I'm not going to, this is the home stretch.still no Tigers blood, but from reading the forums it appears that I need to eat more starchy carbs and do whatever I can to get the kids to sleep through the night.

Day 18, overall, going well. I did have a dream last night that I opened a bag of potato chips and started to eat some. Was just beginning to chew when I thought No. I'm doing the whole 30, and spit them out. Must have been from reading the daily emails! Still iffy on the sleep, some nights are better than others. Same with the tiger blood, feel better, but not tiger blood better. I did take my B/P yesterday. Not something I routinely do, the last time I took it was quite a while back and I was creeping into the high blood pressure range. Happy to say I am back in the 120/70 range. :D I am thinking I may just extend this to a whole 45 or whole 60. Had a patient on the psych ward tell me today that I had really nice skin and looked really young, so I really should dye my hair to get rid of the gray. I told her thanks but no thanks. I enjoy growing old gracefully. Any who, gonna try some new things from the day 17 email. Got the ingredients for a couple of the dressings to go on my salads. I have to say, I haven't gotten tired of having salads for my meal 2. Start with base of Power greens from the Meijer store. Then I mix it up. Yesterday, cut up some of my roasted chicken, then added radish, red onion, sweet pepper, macadamia nuts, a few segments of red grapefruit and a few little chunks of fresh pineapple. Topped with a quick dressing of EVOO and a white balsamic vinegar by Alessi. They have some delicious products that are whole 30 compliant. Wednesday  had company for lunch. Baked some grassfed pork chops in the oven. Seasoned with a sliced granny smith apple, coconut oil, sea salt, pepper, garlic and ginger, there was something else, but not remembering. coriandar maybe. Served it with green beans sauted in ghee and mashed rutabaga, mashed with about a tablespoon of ghee.

That recipe sounds really good, cottagequeen.  I haven't had a food dream like that yet.  Sounds like a crazy dream.  And bravo on the BP, that's great!

I'm still in the "F this" stage.  I don't have raging energy but I do feel good.  Last night was thef irst night in a while that both kids slept through the night, but I still had to get up to pee around 2a and didn't fall back asleep until 3:30a or so.  Boo!

I really want a beer and that is really scaring me.  Maybe I'm borderline alcholic, I only drank on Saturday but that would be 2-3 beers.  I think it's just something to go with realaxing.  I got 3 hours to myself this week and I pictured myself on the couch, watching baseball with a cold beer in hand.  Instead I cleaned (we are hosting Easter), did laundry and worked out. 

I may extend my 30 a few more days to end on Sunday or Saturday.  I put a splash of coconut milk in some eggs on week 2 and later found that it had carrageenan and that's an automatic reset.  Oh well, if I make it 30 days I'll be happy.

Archived