Whole 30 Log

amykbradley

March 18, 2014

I ran a marathon two days ago.  Yep.  A freakin' marathon with a new Personal Record. Now I have no excuse to continue the carb loading.  :)  I actually did a fair amount of training in my 1st round of Whole 30 (January 2014) and after a couple of weeks I had a pretty good plan of attack.  (Thank goodness for Larabars! ) Not a GU was consumed in January!  As the miles increased, so did my excuse to eat a few more carbs here or there.  And to an extent, rightfully so.  Oh, did I mention not the good carbs?  They were typically the sugar carbs.  

I stayed pretty steady (it's about progress not perfection, right?) but found myself falling back into some not so healthy habits.

I committed to another Whole 30 a week before the race.  This time my hubs will be joining me.  :)

I don't anticipate a major case of carb flu, but just like in running, you have to run the mile you're in.  It's a metaphor for life.  Take one mile at time. 

I hit Trader Joe's on my way into work and stocked up for my veggie fiesta.  Here I go!!

Starting Weight  161.4  

I haven't weighed myself since January 31 and that's 10lbs heavier.  I refuse to over react.  Refuse.  It's just a number.  A starting line, if you will.  I will finish this race too.  I will not quit.

Day 2.  Did I say I wasn't going to experience carb flu?  Um, duh.  Feeling run down late in the afternoon, but I'm hanging tough on the program.

I have found my rhythm with the food prep, but lawd! am I doing a ton of dishes!  It's almost comical.  I've mastered the patience of Jobe when making sunflower seed butter.  The magic happens at about the 4 minute mark right before I almost threw in the towel and started over.  :)  I had a pan of ground beef on the stove, 8 chicken thighs in the oven and the food processor whirling away.  Hell hath no fury like me in the kitchen prepping for a couple of days. 

I hit Cross Fit this morning because the WOD didn't have a hellish amount of leg work.  My legs are still a still fatiqued from the marathon, but otherwise I feel great.  No complaints. 

My typical breakfast is coffee with coconut milk (unsweetened, of course) and a hard boiled egg.  After my workout (always in the am) it can get a little sketchy but I tend to eat a Larabar.  I'm sure the Whole 30 moderator will give me the "what for" , but I'm open to suggestions!  (Hello?  Is anybody out there?)

My digestion is well....digesting!  Almost immediately I notice a difference.  Nope, no specifics, I'll save that for my running group and a long run. (We've decided our team name should be Bodily Functions.  No function is off limits. :)

Onward and upward my friends.

Day 9!  Where do all the days go?  I made it throught the weekend unscathed and I've been staying on course with compliant food.  My challenge is to really balance out the timing of my meals and works towards less snacks. 

I have to say, I'm already feeling the benefits.  In my first round, Week 3 with Wonderland for me, so I'm hoping continues!

As I was hand washing my BIG knife and cutting board for the third time yesterday I was laughing that my whole30 should be called "how many dishes can two people create in a day?!"  I need to start making some nut butters, I have a ninja but have just used it for some chopping - do you just toss seeds in and let them go, no liquids?  Way to go on the marathon!!

As I was hand washing my BIG knife and cutting board for the third time yesterday I was laughing that my whole30 should be called "how many dishes can two people create in a day?!"

This program is making me seriously consider buying a dishwasher--it's insane how many dishes you go through!!

Archived