Sonya's Whole30 Journey

sonyaforrest

I started my Whole 30 journey on Monday (17th) so I'm now at Day 3 and it is going pretty well.

Monday was probably the hardest day so far. I found my mind was jumping around all the things I couldn't have and had no interest in focusing on what I could have. I felt a bit on edge all day. 

I had a good breakfast, good lunch and healthy dinner - but then about an hour after dinner I threw dinner up again. I'm still not sure why. I don't know if it was because dinner was too much food, or I'd had some dodgey chicken at dinner. I went to bed early and woke fine the next day.

Day 2 was smooth sailing. Although I had been dreading a big sugar detox - it hasn't kicked in yet - or maybe my body isn't going to punish me too much after all.

I had recruited 4 others to do the Whole30 program as well. My Boyfriend, my Brother, and two of my Brothers PT clients. Its been great to have the support of the group and each day we share our progress in a private FB group.

Today is Day 3 - and I broke the "no scales" rule to see I had dropped 1kg already - this is clearly just water weight as mentioned in the book (Which I finished reading last week) - or perhaps a build up of waste as things are certainly moving in the bowl department.

I struggled a bit with breakfast today. My stomach is not so found of oil first thing in the morning. Today I had fried up a big bunch of greens and 2 eggs - and the oil just made me feel like I couldn't keep it down, but I did. I only used 1 teaspoon - but maybe next time I will skip the oil.

I have been having a snack between meals as I have 6 to 7 hours between my meal times. The snacks have been half a handful of nuts and this ties me over to meal time. Hopefully this is okay - its been macadamias mostly.

Sleep wise - well I slept really badly at the end of Day 1, then better at the end of Day 2, but it took ages to fall asleep. I generally have poor sleep patterns anyway so unfortunately this is normal. My hope though is it will improve.

Usually I work out 7 days a week too (rotating yoga one day, and gym sessions or Cardio the next) but this week I've taken a break entirely and I think it has certainly helped give me mental space to control the food aspect. I plan on going back to the workouts on Monday which will be the start of my week 2.

The best part so far is tracking down new places to have a health lunch - its been quiet the adventure :)

But that's it - signing off at Day 3 and all is well :)

I started my Whole 30 journey on Monday (17th) so I'm now at Day 3 and it is going pretty well.

Monday was probably the hardest day so far. I found my mind was jumping around all the things I couldn't have and had no interest in focusing on what I could have. I felt a bit on edge all day. 

I had a good breakfast, good lunch and healthy dinner - but then about an hour after dinner I threw dinner up again. I'm still not sure why. I don't know if it was because dinner was too much food, or I'd had some dodgey chicken at dinner. I went to bed early and woke fine the next day.

Day 2 was smooth sailing. Although I had been dreading a big sugar detox - it hasn't kicked in yet - or maybe my body isn't going to punish me too much after all.

I had recruited 4 others to do the Whole30 program as well. My Boyfriend, my Brother, and two of my Brothers PT clients. Its been great to have the support of the group and each day we share our progress in a private FB group.

Today is Day 3 - and I broke the "no scales" rule to see I had dropped 1kg already - this is clearly just water weight as mentioned in the book (Which I finished reading last week) - or perhaps a build up of waste as things are certainly moving in the bowl department.

I struggled a bit with breakfast today. My stomach is not so found of oil first thing in the morning. Today I had fried up a big bunch of greens and 2 eggs - and the oil just made me feel like I couldn't keep it down, but I did. I only used 1 teaspoon - but maybe next time I will skip the oil.

I have been having a snack between meals as I have 6 to 7 hours between my meal times. The snacks have been half a handful of nuts and this ties me over to meal time. Hopefully this is okay - its been macadamias mostly.

Sleep wise - well I slept really badly at the end of Day 1, then better at the end of Day 2, but it took ages to fall asleep. I generally have poor sleep patterns anyway so unfortunately this is normal. My hope though is it will improve.

Usually I work out 7 days a week too (rotating yoga one day, and gym sessions or Cardio the next) but this week I've taken a break entirely and I think it has certainly helped give me mental space to control the food aspect. I plan on going back to the workouts on Monday which will be the start of my week 2.

The best part so far is tracking down new places to have a health lunch - its been quiet the adventure :)

But that's it - signing off at Day 3 and all is well :)

Congratulations! I am sure you will feel better in a few days. If you need to eat a snack it should be a mini meal and not fruit or nuts. Have you downloaded the meal planning template? http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.  If you have fats at each meal it will help you feel satisfied until the next meal so you won't have to snack. Do you like Avocados or Ghee in the morning instead of oil? You could add some nuts to your meal but nuts can upset your digestion so you don't want to only rely on them for your fat source. Good Luck!

Archived