Spring (3/20) start in order to finish for Easter!

BAKrafty1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manda, I too hope a good night of rest made you wake up this morning in a new frame of mind. :)

I seem to be falling asleep better, but feel like I am dreaming a lot. The dreams are strange. I also have noticed that forbidden things like candy bars and dr pepper keep showing up in my dreams and I find myself giving into the temptation there. Then I wake up unsure if it was real or not. Anyone else having issues while sleeping?

Manda...just in case you were wondering...we are ALL with you! <3

As to dreaming, I too am having some interesting dreams.  Not that I didn't have interesting ones before, but the ones these days are WAY different.  I was in the midst of one that was almost a mystery and then heard the cat yacking (for real) and was pulled out of a really good tale of a dream at 4:18 this morning.  Writers dreams.

I can hardly believe we're at Day 9...can't wait to do a big cook this weekend...plus plan a meal with invted guests for Tuesday evening.

Have a great day, Everyone! :D

Anyone else have young kids?  Mine are killing me in terms of sleep.  I would so love to get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep, but my little one (4 years old) wakes up every single night and freaks out if I don't let her in my bed or get in her bed with her.  The sleep interruption is worse than insomnia (which I've battled in the past).  I am also freakishly tired at night and could feel like a million bucks with uninterrupted sleep.  Ok, vent over. :angry:

On the bright side...my muffin top is totally shrinking for the first time in forever (to quote "Frozen).  I guess that's what the weight watcher in me would call a non-scale victory?

Have a great day everyone...stay strong! :D

Congrats on the NSV from another former WW! My kids are grown and gone so no more early morning company from wee ones. How well I remember. 

think my jeans are looser. I also think my energy is higher. I have to figure out a way to track this. I guess I can do that here.  :)

Just finished a 4-mile run and it's the best feeling run that I've had since I started my Whole30. I'm glad for that because I love to run and want to feel good doing it.

Anyone else have young kids? Mine are killing me in terms of sleep. I would so love to get a solid 7-8 hours of sleep, but my little one (4 years old) wakes up every single night and freaks out if I don't let her in my bed or get in her bed with her. The sleep interruption is worse than insomnia (which I've battled in the past). I am also freakishly tired at night and could feel like a million bucks with uninterrupted sleep. Ok, vent over. :angry:

On the bright side...my muffin top is totally shrinking for the first time in forever (to quote "Frozen). I guess that's what the weight watcher in me would call a non-scale victory?

Have a great day everyone...stay strong! :D

I have a 4 month old. In the middle of the 4 month sleep regression. He nurses all night long. I'm more tired in the morning than when I go to bed. I also have a 4 year old that was up before 7am today...

Hey all--thanks for the encouragement. :) I got a great night's sleep. There are a few areas of my life right now that are causing major stress, so honestly, today has been horrible. But I'm on track with my eating, and "this too shall pass."

Not having too vivid of dreams. I remember my first couple of whole 30's--the dreams were doozies!  

Hi all! May I jump on here with y'all? I'm finishing up Day 8 (started 21 March). My carb flu has passed, but I still find myself starving by dinnertime. Ok, "starving" may not be the best description, but the food has barely been blessed before I'm stuffing my face.

I noticed some of you are runners too. I'm training for a half marathon right now and am absolutely missing my pre-run oatmeal w/ banana and sunbutter. I did my first long run since starting the W30 yesterday, about 10 miles. It felt awful. I was hating life by the end of it. However, I must add that I wasn't slowed down at all. It just FELT bad. I took up residence on the couch afterward while my 2-yo napped :-) Next week, I think I'll add some sweet potatoes to breakfast and take an applesauce pouch with me in case I start to drag.

I've been using some paleo recipes for about a year now, but this is the first time I've committed to it 100%. Well Fed and Well Fed 2 are my bibles. I made the chili lime chicken wings from Nom Nom the other night... yumm!!!!!!

And my friend and fellow W30-er turned me onto putting ghee in my one cup of coffee in the morning. Just about a teaspoon and 15 seconds in the blender... it's heaven :-) I tried to do it black for a week and I could stomach it. But this makes mornings so much better ... especially since there's no oatmeal.

And the dreams ... dreamt on day 3 that I had a piece of bread and woke up angry! 

Cheers all! Good luck on the start of your days 10, day 9 for me :-)

Hi all! May I jump on here with y'all?  Absolutely! Welcome!

I noticed some of you are runners too. I'm training for a half marathon right now and am absolutely missing my pre-run oatmeal w/ banana and sunbutter. I did my first long run since starting the W30 yesterday, about 10 miles. It felt awful. I was hating life by the end of it. However, I must add that I wasn't slowed down at all. It just FELT bad. I took up residence on the couch afterward while my 2-yo napped :-) Next week, I think I'll add some sweet potatoes to breakfast and take an applesauce pouch with me in case I start to drag.

I did 8 last week and felt horrible. But I have noticed that my energy has increased all week. Some of that may be due to Whole30 and some may be that I am recovering from the NYC Half that I did on 3/16. Today I did 9 miles and felt better. I had a big breakfast - compliant. But then I had a Lara Bar at the start of the run and another during the run. I have not wrapped my mind around W30 pre and post WO meals. 

Can't believe Day 10 is almost over!!!

Yeah, I usually work out in the am, so there's no need for a pre-wo meal for me. I'm trying to find the right balance for my post-wo meal. I tried eating one grilled chicken tender and a butternut squash baby food packet. Gag! I think meatballs will be better. Hope everyone had a great day! On to day 10 tomorrow. Hooray for double digits!

So happy day 10 is done!  1/3 of the way there!  I noticed that a funky patch of dry skin that I had on my thigh is all cleared up, and I put my engagement ring back on (was only wearing my wedding ring). :)

I've had a headache all day yesterday and today, though--not sure what's up with that. :/

Yeah, I usually work out in the am, so there's no need for a pre-wo meal for me. I'm trying to find the right balance for my post-wo meal. I tried eating one grilled chicken tender and a butternut squash baby food packet. Gag! I think meatballs will be better. Hope everyone had a great day! On to day 10 tomorrow. Hooray for double digits!

I really enjoyed a sweet potato that I had roasted already, so it was easy, as a post wo meal.

So happy day 10 is done!  1/3 of the way there!  I noticed that a funky patch of dry skin that I had on my thigh is all cleared up, and I put my engagement ring back on (was only wearing my wedding ring). :)

I've had a headache all day yesterday and today, though--not sure what's up with that. :/

Not liking the headache, but yay to everything else!

Had my first dinner out last night....FAIL.  I don't know if I need to restart or what.  I did my best but possibly consumed:

-red wine vinegar

-sugar

-butter

-corn oil

These were all possibly used in the preparation of what should have been a  perfect whole30 dinner (roasted free range organic chicken with a side of veg).  I asked a million questions and the waiter was just not very knowledgeable, nor did he seem willing to find out.  So mad at myself.  Whatever I consumed from the above was in very small quantities, but I know it still counts.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a learning experience, soldier on for 18 more days, and probably try for a "perfect" whole30 again.

Clabby, you did the best you could! Don't fret about the corn oil .... ISWF talks about severely limiting it since we can't avoid it in restaurant cooking. And the red wine vinegar should be fine too! Nothing but vinegar and water in there. It's so frustrating when sugar and butter are hidden. But like you said, it was a negligible amount so just take it as a learning lesson and keep going. Sounds like you had a great dinner!

Eating out can be so frustrating, it's true. Are you sure all of those things were in the food? I've had blank stares from servers, too, and just have to assume that if they tell me no sugar, then there is no sugar. But yeah, I wonder. We don't eat out that often and I think that I have been compliant when we have but I much prefer my own cooking! I know what's inside!  :)

Roasted chicken sounds delish!

Hope everyone's day 11 is going along smashingly well. I can't believe we are coming up on half way through!!!!

Cheers.

OK...I'll admit it...I've more than once this weekend said that I wanted to give in/up. (The darn timeline is SO spot on...it's scary!)  Thankfully, my 17 year old daughter knows me well enough to know that if she just lets me say it out loud and acknowledges me with a "knowing nod" that I'll be okay.  She knows better than to fuel my fire, just let me say it.

Tonight, I'm thrilled to have made it through Days 10 & 11 and know that the reasons I was frustrated were because I was ill prepared in the moment.

I'm learning so much good information about my personal relationship with food.  The darn timeline is also part of what encourages me to soldier forth.  

Hope everyone else is doing well!  ;)

Hard to believe that in a few short days we will be half way through. It's not that I have doubted doing it so much as I have found myself without options and gotten really unhappy. I'm trying to be better prepared so I always have something available. I know we are "supposed" to do 3 meals and avoid snacks but my hard-won relationship with food is that if my body needs it, I give my body food! I still am not into the Whole30 mini meal as a snack. All my eats have been compliant, if not the structure of my snacks. Maybe I will work on that with my next Whole30.

I hope we are all feeling better. I believe that a feeling of wellness has slowly come over me. I am pretty perky throughout the day and then I fall asleep pretty quickly once my head hits the pillow. I think some of the excess flab is going away between the food and the regular running that I started doing at the same time I started the Whole30. I have been really good about not hopping on the scale. I have NEVER gone 12 days without monitoring my weight. Yowza! Also 12 days without wine. Who would have thought!

Cheers and heres to Day 12!!!!

Sparklefiftyseven--I am RIGHT there with you. Especially yesterday. I have a fridge full of food, and could NOT make my self make a decent dinner to save my life. I had pickles and olives. :/ It is what it is. I didn't eat chocolate chips, which was what I wanted, so I'm calling it a win.  

Today I'm going to be doing some cooking. :) My 16 year old daughter eat Paleo most of the time, and she's starting a Whole 30 today.

I haven't exercised one teeny bit ---well, in ages. Maybe the weather will cooperate, and I can start walking this week. It's embarrassing how sedentary I've become. :(  

Warmer weather definitely makes the thought of exercising easier to bear! So don't be embarrassed, Manda.  I'll bet you move plenty just doing the work you do. 

Believe me, I've done the olives for dinner, too! :-D Hooray for not having the chocolate chips! 

I made mini frittatas for breakfast this morning. Delish! And not hard at all. 

The prep recipes in Well Fed are really great in my view. I have not done them exactly but even the partial prep I have done has made a diff. Oh, and I made a huge vat of chocolate chili. If I throw that on spinach, it's easy and compliant. I'm feeling marginally less like a newbie, I guess.  :)

Can we count down to half way???? :lol:

I too had a few struggles over the weekend. I kept craving pizza. We often got pizza for dinner on Satuday nights, and I think that is a difficult habit to break. During the week I am used to cooking every night, but Saturday has been a day we would get fast food for lunch or pizza for dinner and I find myself having a hard time breaking that mindset.

To help it, we made Meatzzas from one of the Well Fed cookbooks. It worked somewhat. I missed the dough still, but the sauce was delicious!

This coming Saturday I will have to pack a lunch to take with me to our Ladies Tea party. I know the sandwiches and desserts they will have wont be compliant. Any suggestions?

I also hope the weather is better so I can get and walk more often! Also looking at trying yoga...but not sure if I am ready for that yet!

I did not feel like cooking last night. So I've found having a few cans of tuna on hand saves me on those occasions. I had a late brunch (with an awesome restaurant that adhered all of my requests), a very late lunch (like 4 o'clock, i just wasn't hungry, and was busy), and an 8pm dinner. So by then I was done. Mixed tuna with avocado oil and pico de gallo, sliced a tomato, half a cucumber, and some olives and called it a meal. It worked out great!

I'm breaking out into hives every time I exercise. It's getting annoying. But predictable. In an hour and half workout it happens in the last half hour after my walk/run during my strength training. I think I need to eat more before my work out so my body has something to metabolize without freaking out, but I leave for my workout at 4:30 am. It's really hard to eat something then. I'll be boiling up a big batch of eggs today.

Archived