Spring (3/20) start in order to finish for Easter!

BAKrafty1

Had my first dinner out last night....FAIL.  I don't know if I need to restart or what.  I did my best but possibly consumed:

-red wine vinegar

-sugar

-butter

-corn oil

These were all possibly used in the preparation of what should have been a  perfect whole30 dinner (roasted free range organic chicken with a side of veg).  I asked a million questions and the waiter was just not very knowledgeable, nor did he seem willing to find out.  So mad at myself.  Whatever I consumed from the above was in very small quantities, but I know it still counts.  I guess I'll chalk it up to a learning experience, soldier on for 18 more days, and probably try for a "perfect" whole30 again.

I've eaten out a few times since we've started. I've found the most effective way is to say you have food allergies. I also look at the menu when possible, before even going. Telling the server "I'm sorry, my order may be difficult, but here is what I need." And then a joking "but I'll tip well I promise." (and then follow through lol). And if the server isn't sure about things you can request that a cook come out.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm dying today. I've burst into tears several times, am exhausted, and so emotional---oh gee, it's PMS time. Why does it sneak up on me every month--for the last 28 years? *smh* I'm meeting a friend at Panera Bread in 15 minutes. I've already had dinner, so I'm not hungry. Maybe they'll just let me stick my face in a bread basket and inhale deeply. LOL

Manda that made me LOL! I'm going through the same "time" right now and want nothing more than to stick my face into a cake. Old habits die hard, I suppose. MusicMom, we usually eat pizza Sat night too! I ate some leftover Taj Mahal chicken from WF2 while my husband and his friend chowed down on some hot wings. JEALOUS.

Is anyone else super worried about relapsing at the end of the 30 days? I'm really anxious because I know what I'm capable of! I know it's a little early to worry about it, but my plan for now is to eat clean at home, but indulge when we go out to eat. Siiiigh...

I suppose I should get through Day 12 tomorrow first ;-)

I survived Panera! :) I brought my own kombucha (I brew my own), and my friend had dinner. It was totally fine.

Feeling good today. THE SUN IS SHINING IN RI!!!! 

I'm having a super late breakfast because I had to go to the local community college to pick up a duplicate "driver's ed completion" form for my 16 year old. I had hard boiled eggs, and now I'm eating some of Everyday Paleo's cole slaw (YUM).

Congrats on surviving Panera! And my TOM visits are long gone, thank goodness, but how well I remember wanting to eat the house the day before. I still get the occasional day like that. Like yesterday!

I don't think any CrossFit workout has anything on making one's own mayo. I have tried the food process, the immersion blender and the regular blender and always wind up with a runny mess. If I make it myself, it comes out very thick. But my arm feels like it will fall off! 

I should run today but am having a hard time getting going. The sun is shining and the temps are creeping up. I need to move my butt!!!

Cheers to all on day 13!

Congrats on surviving Panera! And my TOM visits are long gone, thank goodness, but how well I remember wanting to eat the house the day before. I still get the occasional day like that. Like yesterday!

I don't think any CrossFit workout has anything on making one's own mayo. I have tried the food process, the immersion blender and the regular blender and always wind up with a runny mess. If I make it myself, it comes out very thick. But my arm feels like it will fall off! 

I should run today but am having a hard time getting going. The sun is shining and the temps are creeping up. I need to move my butt!!!

Cheers to all on day 13!

On the mayo are you letting the egg get to room temp? I kept my egg on the counter for a couple hours, and then cracked it and put the lemon juice in and let it sit another half hour and then added the oil. Used the stick/immersion blender and it whipped right up.

I really think the trick with mayo (other than the room temp egg) is the drizzle. I use a food processor, but I put my oil into my dripless oil bottle first, and use THAT to drizzle it into the food processor. It's made a world of difference. Super easy & so good.

Day 15! Woot!

I wasn't feeling well last night. I ended up in bed by 8:30pm and slept for 11 hours. Wow. We'll see how today goes. I'm going to cook fish for the first time in FOREVER and roast a turkey. The dishes and cooking are neverending, it seems, when I'm on a Whole30 (not to mention feeding a family of 5).

11 hours! That is great. Your body clearly needed the rest. Good luck with the fish. I do better baking it than grilling for some reason.

Not sure what is going on today. I resorted to eating Lara Bars for snack and lunch. I was finishing up a big project and could not stop to make lunch. Geez!

It is so cool that we are on to our second half tomorrow. Hooray!!!

Good on everyone for finishing Day 15! I can't wait to check that box tomorrow!

I did another long run today, 11 mi. I added an extra egg to my breakfast as well as some sweet potatoes. I also had some leftover roasted brussels sprouts and wilted spinach and blueberries. It was all delicious, but I think I ate TOO much. I felt like I was about to throw up about half-way through. Maybe next week I'll finally make the "perfect" pre-run breakfast.

This may be TMI so I apologize in advance, but I've had a bout of crazy diarrhea that last two mornings. It just happens in the mornings and then it's done, but it's been two days in a row. Everything in that department had been going swimmingly until yesterday. Maybe it has to do with my "time"? Anyone have this problem?

Other than that, I've been feeling really great!

Way to go on the long run!  

Today was a bit off for me, too--I think due to not feeling well yesterday. I didn't eat much. My only whole meal was dinner. 

I think things were a bit looser for me as "Aunt Flo" made an appearance. :)

Not too much TMI - I have been having problems on the opposite end of the scale. I think my veggie consumption has been on target  - but I have not been regular. I feel okay but it's a little weird to have nothing happen in that department for a day. Suggestions? More veg? 

But here we are on day 16!!! We are on the other side of the hill. I have never done any regime this long. I have never gone without a drink this long. I did not have a sweet tooth but I definitely ate my share of sweet things. I'm not craving them at all. I really can't tell on the clothes front. I have also NEVER not gotten on the scale in 16 days. Wow! I think things are looser but it's nothing dramatic. But somehow I'm okay with that. Sleep is off and on. This morning I woke up at 4 after only about 6 hours of sleep. Hmmmm...

TGIF! TGI is day 16.  :D

TGI Day 16, to be sure!  Two weeks to go!!  Wahoo!

This weekend is going to be tough. I am a chaperone for a high school retreat from our church that will be at a private home with group meals prepared with and by the teens...so you KNOW that means pizza for at least one meal...probably tacos for another.  Am planning to pack plenty of fruit and veg as my contribution to "snacks".  Can't wait to check in with everyone on Sunday.

Keeping it real here, ladies--I'm not sure I'm going to get through today. :( It was an awful day, which included me getting kicked in the shin by a 12 year old at our homeschool group. I have an egg on my shin, and the dinner I planned is coming out pretty crappy (homemade fish sticks, anyone? blech). I just want popcorn. I'm really about 2 minutes away from just sobbing my eyes out (tmi: period finally started today, too). 

SIGH. 

You are one strong lady, Manda! Ain't nothing popcorn is gonna do for you except make you feel like "what the h*ll!!?? You have come so far. And lordy, lordy, who has not been laid absolutely low by that *(&&$%% time of the month. Any way you can retreat for a hot bath? Or walk for 10 minutes in the fresh air? And if the tears come, let 'em flow.

Was that kick accidental? Geez I hope so though I know it still hurts.

We are with you!!!

Welp. I'm in the ICU with acidosis. Not sure if it's from food, exercise, or something else, but I'm tapping out. Not sure where to go from here because this was the first time I've actually been able to maintain a style of eating a lose weight. I'm heartbroken. Today would have been day 17.

eileenwithane, I am so, so sorry to hear that you are in the hospital with acidosis. I hope that the docs diagnose the underlying situation ASAP. Your health comes first! Whole 30 will be there once you figure out what is going on. I hope you don't mind letting us know. Sending healing thoughts your way!

Still hoping that you are okay, eileenw, and that the docs know what is going on.

Can't believe that we are on day 18. Only 12 days to go. I think that - finally! - things are getting looser. I've never been very good at discerning small variations in how I feel. Is my hair glossier? Are my nails healthier? Do I have more pep? I've always been pretty adaptive to where ever I am. So trying to figure out if I'm feeling better has been difficult. I think so?

One big bonus is that I have rediscovered a love of cooking. I pretty much have been cooking out of Well Fed and Nom Nom but it's easy to find stuff on any good recipe site. I was not a big dinner eater so evenings at our house missed that chance for company and talk. I love that I cook and eat dinner and my husband and I make a meal out of it.

My long runs are still difficult but I can't really chalk that up to W30. I was just getting back in shape when I started. So the long runs have likely been tough because I'm still getting back into it.

Still trying to perfect mayo! Got close yesterday but my Oster blender is not up to the task...

Cheers to all!

Archived