Sugar in Salt?? Restart?

kc1302

I am currently on day 10 of my first Whole 30 and after seeing it mentioned in another post, I checked the label on my salt and it has dextrose!! Does this warrant a start over??  I don't use a lot of salt in my cooking and use sea salt more often than table salt.  Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you!!

I have my own start over question. At end of day 5 and doing awesome! Just had a baked sweet potato and after eating realized I put kerrygold butter on it - not ghee or clarified butter! I've used kerrygold since going paleo. Do I need to start over?!

I have my own start over question. At end of day 5 and doing awesome! Just had a baked sweet potato and after eating realized I put kerrygold butter on it - not ghee or clarified butter! I've used kerrygold since going paleo. Do I need to start over?!

If you suspect dairy is a problem for you, then yes, I would recommend a restart, or call it a Whole35 if that works better for your mindset.

Otherwise, press on.

Whatever you decide, for the rest of your Whole30, no more butter: clarify the Kerrygold before you use it.  These are the steps I follow: http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2010/03/how-to-clarify-butter-recipe/

If you suspect dairy is a problem for you, then yes, I would recommend a restart, or call it a Whole35 if that works better for your mindset.

Otherwise, press on.

I'm sure this is what Chris meant, but since I was confused, one of you might be too:

Dairy is one of the serious gut disruptors we call out on the plan as needing a restart, and many people don't know they have a problem with it until after they have eliminated it for 30 days. Press on, yes, but go for a full 30 days dairy-free to really understand if it is an issue for you.

Archived