Starters around 3/18?

momof2osaurus

I was a mess yesterday. Like, a train-wreck kind of a mess. Angry and sad all mixed in one. I exploded a couple of times. I even trew a book at my husband. And then, when we had a huge fight about it I started crying and could not stop. Like, at all. I sobbed for a good hour, snot (TMI?) and tears everywhere. I have the sweetest hubby, because he held me and stopped being angry. He even didn't say that maybe this Whole30 was to much for me. I can't remember the last time I cried that much and that hard. It felt horrible and great at the same time, letting everything go or something. 

So today is day 8 for me. Moving on. Got up early and went for a run. I feel fine now, a little relieved or something? I'm not someone who showes there emotions easily so maybe I needed a day like yesterday. Let's move on! 

@Marla: you are doing great! Well done! I wish I could do a handstand, never been able to, not even when I was a kid. 

@momo: well done! So glad you are feeling better! 

Yay, the forums are back!!

It's an awesome idea to share victories. Some of mine:

1. I actually LIKE coffee with just coconut milk in it!

2. I'm starting to figure out how to listen to my body re: food. I still find myself trying to eat as little as I can, but I'm working through that too.

3. My husband's birthday was this week. He and our kids ate pizza and cake and aside from a random, "that smells good," I didn't want any of it.

I think this is actually easier for me than I thought it would be. I'm tired of the headaches, but usually I have to make the decision over and over about whether to be "good" about my food choices or not. With the Whole30, the decision is made already and I just have to eat.

Yay, day 10 is here :) This is going so fast! No sign of food boredom here. So how are you guys doing?

My victories:

1. I had coconut milk for the first time (with my chicken tandoori, I always used creme fraiche) and I love it! Where has it been al my life?

2. Yesterday, we had girls night. Lot's of cocktails and candy and fried stuff. I ate a hand full of nuts and drank water with fresh lime juice. And I felt totally invincible, nothing could even tempt me. This is huge for me!

3. I love how creative I'm becoming in the kitchen. I never sucked as a cook, but now I feel I actually am getting some skills!

Good luck everyone!!

Wow! So great reading everyone's victories! Keep up the good work. It's such encouragement!

Today is Day 18.

I noticed a weird thing happening in my home. I have 2 other roommates and none of us usually eat the same, I tend to be more paleo and they tend to eat healthier, but still have wheat etc. Anywho, since they're doing the Whole30 with me, our cooking has had to be upped & we rarely have leftovers so not much food stays in the home. It's been somewhat exhausting & a source of stress for me that when I'm done with a workout, I'm hoping the sweet potatoes & crockpot meal I slaved over are still at home so I can eat. But it rarely is for leftovers. Someone seems to snag it before hand. It's like a fear that I won't be able to eat what I want after a workout or for when I'm hungry. And b/c things aren't always there, I resort to my usual eggs, which is great. But this weird fear of it not being there has crept in. It's the weirdest thing. I can't quite put my finger on it. One of my other roommates has mentioned the same thing.

I've got a spontaneous 10k coming up in a day that I'm hoping I can make it through (I'm not a big runner). Anyone know the proper way to eat meals on the day of a 10K?

@momo so cool that you don't know what day it is

@violet, way to have a killer time at the party! That's great! And I love that your getting creative in the kitchen. That's always an issue for me too.

Yes!! Day 15 is here! Half way :) 

Had a couple of rough days with a huge lack of energy and not sleeping well, but now I feel great. I feel really really great. Tiger blood? 

Lot's of energy, motivation, feeling happy and positive. I love it! How are you guys?

@momo: that is a good sign!

@marla: that's weird....I mostly don't have leftovers. So I cook 3 times a day now, haha. Maybe I'll make another big batch of choco chili this weekend. I'm doing a 5k on sunday, but I trained for months. Do you run normally? I don't think I could even do a 10k right now. Good luck!

Archived