WholeBunchOJunk's 2nd Whole30 Log

WholeBunchOJunk

Day 49

(Saturday, May 10)

Well today was a strange little day.  For a while I thought I was going to have a full-blown Gastroparesis attack.  Had a bad pain in my abdomin but it eventually went away.  Thankfully.  What I've been feeling for the last couple of months is nothing compared to the full-blown attack which entails severe pain and throwing up for hours, all the while being unable to eat or drink even water.   I'm still having some pain, but at least it hasn't worsened.

So, today isn't to template much I'm afraid.   :(

M1 (5:30 a.m.):  green shake:  spinach, egg white protein, coconut milk

8:30 a.m. - Starbuck's Grande Americano w/ 1/4 can coconut milk

M2 (11:15 a.m.):  chicken cabbage soup

M3 (2:40 p.m.):  protein shake (hoping that will ease the stomach pain a bit)

M4 (5:00 P.M.):  3 eggs, orange bell peppers, 1/2 of a large sausage; organic mango

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 50

(Sunday, May 11)

Happy Mother's Day to all who celebrate!  

Slept okay, just not long enough again.  Went to bed at 9:30 and woke up at 2:30 a.m.  Stayed in bed until 4:30, then just got up.  Unfortunately I was not hungry and my stomach was still queasy, so couldn't think of a thing to have...not even a green shake.   :(

Finally, around 6:00 I decided to just have some chicken cabbage soup.  That seemed okay and no bad aftermath for the stomach.  Also had an apple with that.

M1 (6:00 a.m.):  Chicken cabbage soup; 1 apple

M2 (11:30 a.m.):  Chicken cabbage soup with a side of fried chicken skin (the skin from the chicken of a new batch of veggie soup, lol--was about the size of a palm and a half all put together)

M3 (2:00 p.m.):  protein shake (had the pain in my stomach from early afternoon until almost bedtime)

M4 (5:00 p.m.):  protein shake

Day 51

(Monday, May 11)

Slept okay again, just not long enough.  I think I might have gotten around 6 hours, but got up once for the restroom, and think I was awake a couple of other times besides that.

On a sad note, I think I may be officially over my Whole60 a bit early.  My stomach really seems to be slow at the moment and so I am fairly frequently deviating from the template as far as not drinking my calories.  I'm still going to post here for the full 60 days and I'm not entirely sure I will be introducing anything at day 61 yet, but every time I have a protein shake I'm feeling really guilty, lol.

I had pain in my stomach for a few hours yesterday late in the day...so far this morning it's okay.

M1 (3:45 a.m.):  small green shake:  spinach, coconut milk, frozen banana, egg white protein powder--this was very thick...almost had to eat it with a spoon...does that count, lol?  It was also actually almost too sweet, so next time I may use only half a banana.

M2 (6:20 a.m.):  chicken veggie soup, 1 apple

M3 (11:50 a.m.):  chicken thigh meat (no skin/bones), 1/2 avocado, butternut squash w/ghee--I COULD BARELY GET THIS DOWN.  It took me almost an hour to eat the majority of it, but now my stomach feels like it has a brick in it.  This is NOT good, lol. 

2:06 p.m:  Stomach still hurts and feels like a brick is in there. 

3:31 p.m.:  Stomach feels a little less brick-ish, but still not right.

M4 (5:00 p.m.):  not to template, protein shake:  coconut milk, almonds, frozen banana, egg white protein powder, cocoa powder

Day 52

(Tuesday, May 13)

Slept about the same last night which is kind of surprising since my stomach was so off yesterday.  Figure I got about 6 hours.  I woke up feeling like I should stay home, but came to work anyway...probably a mistake, but there you have it, lol. 

M1 (3:45 a.m.):  green shake:  coconut milk, spinach, frozen banana, egg white protein powder

Stomach feeling pretty good even a couple of hours later.

M2 (6:30 a.m.):  chicken veggie soup, 1 apple

Wondering if maybe the cabbage in the soup has been causing some bad gas pains which are mimicking the gastroparesis pain...going to keep an eye on this.

10:15 - stomach is okay, so far no pain.

M3 (12:15 p.m.):  chicken thigh meat, butternut squash thought I picked up the squash but it was actually mango chunks, so a little more fruit than planned (they are in the same type of packaging and same colors), 1/2 avocado, green olives

Stomach is mostly behaving (2:12 pm)...a little off, but not nearly as bad as yesterday...maybe it's the squash, lol.

M4 (?):  Most like a protein shake, but maybe eggs

Day 53

(Wednesday, May 14)

Been awake since 12:30 a.m.  I am so congested it isn't funny.  I woke up at midnight with so much junk in my throat that I almost started choking.  I raised myself with pillows and tried drinking water, though now that I think about it I probably should have tried gargling.  Anyway, I am home from work because I'm just exhausted, my stomach is still weird and I'm feeling mad at the world, lol.  Might have just a little of the kill all the things going on.   :lol:

So, today is going to be a fly-by-the-seat of the pants thing as far eating.  I've got soup, so will try to do that mostly--gave up on that as there were other things that started sounding good, lol.

M1 (3:40 a.m.):  green shake:  spinach, frozen banana, coconut milk, egg white protein powder, filtered water

730 a.m. - handful of black olives

M2 (10:00 a.m.):  3 eggs, 3 artichoke bottoms, orange bell pepper, sausage

M3 (3:20 p.m.):  75/25 pastured ground beef, 3 artichoke bottoms, 3 sundried tomatoes (dry--no oil), 1/2 avocado; 1 apple

Day 54

(Thursday, May 15)

Feeling MUCH better than yesterday.  Got more sleep, didn't have as many issues with my congestion, etc.  Could have probably slept even later (thanks to Zyrtek) if I didn't have to get up for work.  Figure I got around 6 hours of sleep, more or less.

M1 (3:40 a.m.):  green shake:  spinach, frozen banana, coconut milk, egg white protein powder, filtered water

M2 (6:40 a.m.):  chicken veggie soup, 1 apple, extra baked chicken thrown into the soup; iced coffee w/a little lite coconut milk

M3 (11:40 a.m.):  75/25 ground beef, 3 artichoke bottoms, 3 sundried tomatoes (dry), 1/2 avocado

M4 (5:00 p.m.):  protein shake

Day 55

(Friday, May 16)

Well, apparently the Zyrtek is helping because I slept pretty good again last night.  Went to bed around 8:15 and woke up around 2:30 (with one potty trip at some point in there)...that's pretty good.

M1 (3:45 a.m.):  small green shake to tide me over:  spinach, 2/3 frozen banana, egg white protein powder, filtered water

M2 (6:30 a.m.):  chicken veggie soup; 1 apple

M3 (11:30 a.m.):  75/15 pasture ground beef, 4 artichoke bottoms, 4 sundried tomatoes (dry), butternut squash, 1/2 avocado

M4 (5:00 p.m.):  another shake

Day 56

(Saturday, May 17)

Slept a bit better, and a bit longer last night.  Yay.  Stomach is really distended again.  Woke up with all that gunk in my throat again, but fortunately my pillows were still propped up so it didn't choke me. 

Today is a relax day for me...hair appointment, grocery shopping then nothing.   :)  May watch some movies...

M1 (4:35 a.m.):  larger green shake:  spinach, coconut oil, frozen banana, egg white protein powder, almonds, filtered water

M2:  protein shake

M3:  2 Aidell Chicken & Apple sausages, artichoke bottoms, sundried tomatoes, 1/2 avocado

Day 57

(Sunday, May 18)

Slept better last night again, but did wake up to use the restroom, to adjust myself for achy hip and for junk in my throat.   :rolleyes:

Our Farmer's Market wasn't operating today because of a special event in their usual place...I'm really missing my bacon, lol.  My Whole Foods doesn't carry Peterson's and couldn't find anyone behind the meat counter to see if the bacon they had there was sugar free.  Ended up buying pork belly...not sure if that's even edible, but just had some in my eggs and the rest is going in my soup.   :ph34r:

M1 (4:40 a.m.):  Protein shake, with a side of artichoke bottoms

M2 (9:40 a.m.):  3 X-large eggs, artichoke bottoms, red & orange bell peppers, onions, a few pieces of pork belly.  Not sure about that pork belly stuff, lol.  It was a bit tough even after cutting off the only part that looked and felt tough.  It won't be a normal thing, but I really liked the flavor of a bit of bacon in my veggie soup.  Sure hope my Farmer's Market is back next week.  May have to buy a few pounds of it and freeze for emergencies like this.

M3 (3:45 p.m.):  6.75 oz (raw wt) ground 85/15 ground beef, orange and red bell pepper, onions, artichoke bottoms, sundried tomatoes; pineapple, coconut aminoes and a little (very little), balsamic vinegar.  This turned out pretty good.  Reminded me of my time in Hawaii.  :D

Pork belly is declicious.  I've had it in restaurants many times though I've never bought it for eating at home.  I'm sure you can find the best way to treat it with some searching online.

Will be searching for some ideas today...I still have one package left of the pork belly, so will need to know how to best use it.  :)

Day 58

(Monday, May 19)

Well, slept very well until midnight, then not at all.   :rolleyes:   I've got to figure out why I have so much junk in my throat...it's getting ridiculous, lol.  I may have to break down and make an appointment with my doctor...I've been trying to hold out until the end of June for my scheduled annual exam, but I may just have to bite the bullet and go just for this.

M1 (3:30 a.m.):  Protein shake with a side of artichoke bottoms

M2 (6:30 a.m.):  Chicken veggie soup; 1 apple

M3 (11:30 a.m.):  Ground beef (75/25), artichoke bottoms, sundried tomatoes, 1 avocado

M4 (5:00 p.m.):  Chicken thigh meat, broccoli, orange and red bell peppers

Day 59

(Tuesday, May 20)

Slept much better and longer last night.  Ended up having to put more pillows on the bed to prop my upper body more.

M1 (3:40 a.m.):  1 x-large egg, artichoke bottoms

M2 (6:30 a.m.):  ground beef, 1/2 avocado, butternut squash

M3 (11:40 a.m.):  chicken thigh meat, lots of broccoli, 1/4 avocado, black olives, melons (left over from an event we had at work)

Day 60

(Wednesday, May 21)

Slept fairly well again last night...will post my food tomorrow, but just had to put an entry in for the last day of my Whole60!  Yay.

M1 (3:45 a.m.):  small green protein shake:  coconut milk, spinach, banana

M2 (6:30 a.m.):  ground beef patty, butternut squash, 1 apple

M3 (11:00 a.m.):  chicken thigh meat, artichoke bottoms, 1/2 avocado, black olives

Deciding whether to just continue in this thread or start a re-intro log.  I kind of just want to keep it in this thread, but guess it's more appropriate in the other section.

Archived