Trudy's Whole30 Log

beespajamas

I am on day 6 of my first Whole30, but I am expecting company for a week...arriving in about 15 minutes!  When I read It Starts with Food, I originally intended to get the information, entertain my guests, and then start Whole30 on April 1 (no fooling).  However, when I got to the part where Dallas and Melissa said to start now...I decided to do just that, knowing full well that I will probably have to make some non-compliant choices during the next week and then restart when my family leaves.  I intend to do the best I can to stick to Whole30 principles this week, making only a few non-compliant choices if I really need to.  I figure this way, at least, I have this experience under my belt, and when I restart, it will be easier than if I had just put it off until April 1st.  (I would probably have spent this week bingeing on soon-to-be-prohibited foods!)

Eating whole30 with company is not too hard especially if you are cooking. If you were having a BBQ with steak and salad nobody would think there was anything different. You can make meat loaf, roast unstuffed chicken, pork roast, pot roast, etc. I would even make whole30 sides like Cauliflower rice, spaghetti squash, roasted veggies etc. If one of your guests wants something special that is not whole30 tell them they have to make it. LOL. Make sure you have plenty of sparkling water, lemon, lime or olives so you can make a mocktail. You can do it! Enjoy!

Archived