Gluten free test- is this an sensitivity?

Hi all,

I'm so confused. I added in gluten free foods yesterday. Gluten free steel cut oats in the am, brown rice with lunch and gluten free brown rice noodles at dinner with homemade meat spaghetti sauce and salad. And of course other whole 30 complaint veggies and oils like stuff.

Anyways I reintroduced gluten again after trying over a week ago and getting the flu so it skewed my results. Now yesterday, the day I ate these I was awesome feeling other than farting twice, which is not normal as I never fart on while 30, lol.

But today I woke up and the flood gates in my nose opened. And it's stuffy now. It seemed like major allergies or something causing, but kind of feels like a cold.

I'm so skewed and confused on knowing what if food related and what's not.

Should I do another gluten test just to see if the same thing happens? I mean a running nose isn't horrible but It probably means something worse is going on inside here.

Laura

I am not an expert but I would try it again. Maybe just try one gluten free grain for the day and then wait and see. You won't know if it is the oats or the brown rice that is the problem, or if either of them is the problem. It also could be a cold, I think I am coming down with one. Good Luck.

Sinus/cold/flu reactions are actualky really common gluten and/or grain reactions. I am not a moderator but if I were in the same shoes, I would probably do a three or so compliant days and then retest. You would also want to have compliant days in between each test day as reactions can be delayed up to 48-72 hours.

Thanks all- I'm still not sure if this was a cold or not, but I tried brown rice and oatmeal Friday and it's Monday and I'm still sniffly. Although it's improved a ton. Can you have a flu one week and a week later catch a cold and how ironic it's on the 2 days I tried grains it started. Hmmm.... But my kids and everyone at work have been sick and many sicknesses floating around. The flu latest about 4 days after eating the grains and the cold is still going on. I do have spring allergies and this snow is just starting to melt. I guess I try another test... Is it ok to wait 3 days in between and try grains again? Man this is confusing doing this testing.

Archived