Ally's log

AllyRe22

Day 1

Breakfast:  2 egg omelet with tomatoes, green peppers and green onions; cauliflower; strawberries

Lunch: Tuna with homemade mayo and mustard in romaine leaves; salad of red cabbage, carrots, snow peas, chopped brussel sprouts, and green onions, evoo/vinegar dressing; 2 small clementines; handful cashews

Dinner:  Crockpot chicken; baked sweet potatoes; sauteed veggies w/coconut oil and spices, cauliflower, red and green peppers, celery; half avocado

Overall, feeling good, definitely had the "how could anyone think this is hard?" thought today.  Really enjoyed eating real food today, not missing anything yet.  Legs a little achy this evening.  Peeing more than normal.  

Day 2

Breakfast: 2 eggs with tomatoes and green onions; broccoli; half grapefruit, coconut milk

Snack: hard boiled egg, cashews, apple

Lunch: Chicken salad with mayo and olives; red cabbage salad; half sweet potato

Dinner: Chocolate Chili with avocado; asparagus

Headache most of the day, tired in the afternoon (not unusual).  Felt kinda foggy throughout the day.  

I have a few extra minutes this morning so I thought I would add a little about myself.  

I am turning 30 in May and am a stay at home mama of 2.  My oldest is turning 4 next week, and my youngest is 10 months.  I decided to do whole30 mainly to see if it would help with my psorasis, but am excited about many other possible benefits as well.  Particularly, weight control and increased energy levels.  I am also nursing my youngest with chronic low supply and am interested to see if this will increase my supply at all.  

My husband is doing it with me, although he's not 100% committed so he will probably cheat some.  Since I do the majority of the cooking his dinners will be the same as mine.  My kids are also eating meals with us, but I will add some cheese and yogurt into their diet as well.

Before this I would have said that I eat "mostly" healthy.  We don't eat out much and eat a good variety of fruits and veggies, but we also eat lots of carbs and sugar.  Sweets have been my biggest downfall, especially since having our second baby, eating dessert at almost every meal. 

My main concern right now is that I'm eating enough calories/fat to support breastfeeding, as I don't want my already low supply to drop even more.  Any feedback or suggestions are welcome! 

Welcome!

Given that you're breastfeeding, know that you can eat 4 meals a day if that's what you need.

Can you hold more than 2 eggs in one hand?  If so, you may want to increase your egg serving size at breakfast.

For tips with your supply, browse through the Whole30 While Pregnant or Breastfeeding section of the forum.  Post a question if you don't find what you need.  You can also search the forum via Google. Type Whole30 followed by whatever you're looking for. If it's here, you'll get links to the posts.

Day 3

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy on top of rainbow chard; strawberries; coconut milk

Lunch: Leftover chocolate chili; avocado; half sweet potato; asparagus; 2 small clementines, handful almonds

Snack: hard boiled egg; carrots; olives

Dinner: Pork roast; red cabbage salad, homemade avocado dressing; cashews

Day 4

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy on swiss chard; kiwi; coconut milk

Lunch: Leftover pork; red cabbage salad with avocado dressing; apple

Snack: hard boiled egg; carrots; half banana with sunflower seed butter

Dinner: Hamburgers with fresh salsa; raw cauliflower and broccoli; coconut oil

Been feeling normal the last 2 days. Getting hungry before dinner so added a snack. No serious temptations yet.  Had to turn down apple pie yesterday while my husband and son ate some.  I wasn't really tempted by it, husband said later it wasn't even that great. The women serving made it more awkward then anything because she asked me several times if I was sure I didn't want any.  Yes! I'm sure! I've told you twice already!!  Assuming this is going to happen a lot in the next month, so I guess I'll get used to it.  

One thing I noticed both days is that I was really full after dinner.  I think I've just been serving my plate and trying to finish all of it rather than listening to my body when I feel satisfied and stopping.  This is something I would like to do better at.

Day 5

Breakfast: leftover hamburger with salsa; hard boiled egg; avocado; sauteed veggies, cauliflower, broccoli, red and yellow peppers; half grapefruit

Lunch: Tuna salad on lettuce; sauteed zucchini and brussel sprouts; half kiwi and half banana;  handful cashews

Dinner: Paleo pad thai with shrimp

Day 6

Breakfast: Egg veggie scramble with avocado and a banana

Lunch: Leftover pad thai and half an apple

Snack: 1 egg; yellow bell pepper, and coconut milk

Dinner: Baked chicken, zucchini soup and shredded broccoli salad

Today was my hardest day so far with cravings and temptations.  I reeeeeaaalllly wanted to eat a bite of cheese that I was serving my kids at lunch today.  And was at the store in the afternoon which made me think more about all the things I am not eating.  I managed to make it through the day without giving in, but it was hard!  Otherwise, feeling pretty normal.

Today was my hardest day so far with cravings and temptations.  I reeeeeaaalllly wanted to eat a bite of cheese that I was serving my kids at lunch today.  And was at the store in the afternoon which made me think more about all the things I am not eating.  I managed to make it through the day without giving in, but it was hard!  Otherwise, feeling pretty normal.

Kudos on not eating anything off-plan! I was terrified to even be near off-plan food during my first W30. Excellent job with the willpower!

Day 7

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy with sauteed kale, zucchini soup, half avocado

Lunch: salmon patties; broccoli slaw salad with cashews, strawberries

Snack: boiled egg, canned pumpkin, coconut milk

Dinner: steak; sauteed veggies; half avocado

Stressful day, shopping for the next week and trying to cook without a real plan was difficult.  We ran low on veggies and I had thought we would have enough leftovers for tonight's dinner but we didn't, so I had to figure it out last minute.  And I'm trying to get ready for my son's birthday party tomorrow.  aka making cake and trying not to eat any or lick the spoon or my fingers.  Haha!  I also felt more hungry today than usual, not sure why, I think I was eating about the same amount of food.  Nevertheless, I have survived another day! And I found this during lunch today, kinda freaked me out:  

1976990_921772907881_227040995_n.jpg

Day 8

Breakfast: 3 eggs scrambled, cauliflower, coconut milk, half a grapefruit

Lunch: 5 deviled eggs, spinach salad with steak, tomatoes, and pecans, zucchini soup

Dinner: Pork steaks, spinach salad with snap peas, cucumbers, and strawberries, grilled asparagus, cashews and almonds

Busy day with birthday party, but overall good day.  Psoriasis seems to be getting worse.  Haven't noticed a significant drop in milk supply, so that is good.  Looking forward to better days!

Day 9

Breakfast: 3 egg omelet with tomatoes, red pepper, mushrooms; snap peas; pineapple; coconut milk

Lunch: 4 deviled eggs, salad with red cabbage, spinach, red and green pepper, carrots, pecans, a piece of leftover pork, and 1/2 chopped pear; zucchini soup

Dinner: Taco seasoned ground turkey over green cabbage with salsa and avocado; broccoli; macadamia nuts

Before dinner I was ready to give up and order a pizza.  Lacking motivation to cook but with my husbands help we made a very tasty dinner and I feel much better.

Day 10

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy; kale; broccoli; pineapple; coconut milk

Lunch: Tuna salad with a big bowl of veggies, red cabbage, snap peas, red peppers, broccoli slaw, carrots, cucumbers, pear, and olives; macadamia nuts

Dinner: hamburgers; avocado, homemade ranch; sauteed zucchini and brussel sprouts, pumpkin with coconut milk

Day 11

Breakfast: hamburgers, avocado, sauteed green beans and cauliflower; half grapefruit

Lunch: 3 hard boiled eggs, loads of raw veggies; two handfuls of nuts (on the go today at the zoo)

Dinner: Crockpot chicken, 1/4 avocado, turnip fries; salad with 3 strawberries; coconut milk

Day 12 (a day late)

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, sauteed green beans, pumpkin with coconut milk

Lunch: Chicken salad with olives; salad, kiwi, macadamia nuts

Dinner: Cinnamon stew with eggplant added, avocado

This was the first day I noticed I didn't feel hungry between meals.

Day 13

Breakfast: Leftover stew with avocado

Lunch: 6 deviled eggs with olives, salad with cashews and cauliflower, small apple

Dinner: Taj Mahal chicken curry, little coconut milk on the side

Still feeling pretty good overall, definitely haven't been as hungry the last couple days.  Still haven't noticed an increase in energy, but that could be because the baby wakes me up several times most nights.  I can't remember the last time I had 8 straight hours of sleep.  Psoriasis on my scalp has been really itchy but I think it might be getting better, not as flaky and seems to be covering less of my scalp. 

Day 14

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, sauteed broccoli and tomatoes, half a banana, coconut milk

Lunch: Tuna salad, zucchini and brussel sprouts, macadamia nuts

Dinner: Baked tilapia, broccoli and cauliflower, sweet potato with coconut oil

Can't believe I made it 2 weeks.  Still feeling good and my jeans are fitting better.  

Day 15

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, cauliflower and broccoli and a sweet potato, half banana, coconut milk

Lunch: Leftover tilapia, salad with cabbage, spinach, snap peas, and tomatoes, cashews, clementine

Dinner: Deconstructed pizza from ISWF with zucchini, tomatoes, onions and garlic served over spinach, topped with olives, was hungry so about 30 minutes after had a hard boiled egg and macadamia nuts

Did another round of shopping today and feeling good.  

Day 16

Breakfast: 3 eggs over easy on top of collard greens, strawberries, coconut milk

Lunch: Leftover deconstructed pizza with spinach and half avocado, carrots and an apple

Dinner: Roasted chicken, large salad with carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, cashews and pecans

Day 17

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, banana, green beans and brussel sprouts, coconut milk

Lunch: Leftover deconstructed pizza over spinach with avocado, salad with green cabbage, tomatoes, carrots and a couple strawberries, clementine

Dinner: Pad thai with cashews

Day 19

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, cauliflower, pepper and zucchini, pineapple, coconut milk

Lunch: tuna salad with red cabbage salad, snap peas, carrots, green pepper, and pear, macadamia nuts

Dinner: chocolate chili with avocado

Still feeling pretty good and normal.  I have noticed my energy feels more even throughout the day and my scalp psoriasis is definitely improving.  Skin still seems about the same. I also think my milk supply was a bit higher today, hard to know for sure and it was only one day, but I'm hoping it continues.

Still here, just been a busy couple of days.  Rather than try to remember what I ate the last three days I'm just going to do today.  

Day 23

Breakfast: 3 eggs, zucchini and asparagus, strawberries, coconut milk

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, leftover pork, 2 clementines, broccoli slaw with cucumbers, pecans and almonds

Dinner: Meatballs with homemade marinara over spaghetti squash, side salad

Can't believe there is only one more week!

Archived