Starting 3/24 Lets do this and change!

EJSmadhatter

Sorry to hear about your coconut flakes! That's too bad! I almost bought sun dried tomatoes with preservatives last week from trader joes (of which is new to Colorado and I was a bit disappointed in...)

So I am not having the most exciting of days and really want to sit down with a big bowl of pistachios but I am not even hungry! I want them for no other reason other than they are salty and would taste good - not because I am hungry and I need them. I am not going to eat them but my mind sure is trying to play tricks on me  

My favorite easy meal is baked chicken thighs. salt, pepper, oven at 425, 40 minutes and boom - crispy yummy chicken.  Other than that most meals in my house take at least an hour to cook/prep...I am also wondering if Mad Greens has some compliant menu items?

My fiancé doesn't get home until 8 tonight so I am not eating for at least another 3.5 hours, which I can probably handle...I hate when he works late...

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Checking in! Great day - had my chicken salad for lunch - nice to eat an old favorite that was already compliant.  Making a pork loin now. Feeding kids is definitely challenging - I've had to push through making them all kinds of things I couldn't eat.  I actually think it has helped with self control.  I'm still struggling with eating veggies.  And Tayleo I am definitely having the issues with not wanting to eat sometimes and just finding food in general unappealing.  It's the worst in the morning - I have to force myself to eat, and can only eat a bit.  

Hot flashes this past two days have been crazy.  I had a tissue sitting in church to wipe my face because I was literally sweating!!  LOL - I bet the people around me thought I was feeling guilty!!!  But, happened at home too - seems random.  Headaches have lessened today.  I can see the food boredom setting in soon too.  Definitely need to shake it up this week.  

We have Chipotle here - what is compliant?  All the meats?  I could definitely do that for lunch one day.  Also have a Trader Joe's that opened a week ago and i haven't even been to yet, so I'm anxious to see what I can get there.  

We have Chipotle here - what is compliant?  All the meats?  I could definitely do that for lunch one day.  Also have a Trader Joe's that opened a week ago and i haven't even been to yet, so I'm anxious to see what I can get there.  

This web page will help you decide what you can eat on a Whole30 at Chipotle. https://www.chipotle.com/en-us/menu/ingredients_statement/ingredients_statement.aspx

For meats, only the Carnitas are compliant, as the other meats are cooked in non-compliant oils.

I'm watching a movie and they are eating at a Chinese food restaurant and Chinese is my food. My binge food, my favorite food...

I am having a huge craving. Wow..I am not going to order any but dang I really want some.

As for my chiptole - I had a compliant salad with carnitas,gauc, salsa and lettuce.

Ugh I want lemon chicken.

A local butchers, he's a good ole boy...

poor guy I had him look up every ingredient on his salami...

Father in law is taking me out to lunch today a local burger joint called Park Burger. Made a phone call to there and they are going to dry grill it for me and place it on a bed of mixed green. Probably going to add some tomato and avocado. 

Have to run by the store today to get unsweetened cocoa for chocolate chili today. 

I have some clients this afternoon but nothing too bad, Jesse get home at 5!

Also went on a hour walk with my neighbor! 

So far so good today! WooHoo for restart day 1.

I had 3 eggs (2 whites + 1 whole) and stirfried cabbage for breakfast.

I got some exercise in (Physical Therapy + squats, but I did manage a walking .5 miles + .25 mile run - WooHoo - that's a first since starting PT many, many weeks ago!)

I didn't even eat again until lunch!

Made a great steak salad with leftover steak, arugula, tomatoes, mushrooms, 1/2 avocado and salsa verde dressing (salsa verde mixed with home made mayo, lime juice, and cilantro) - YUMMO. My husband said it would be a pricey dish at a restaurant.

Finishing up work and eating before I leave for home with leftover scallop curry over cauliflower mash (not my favorite as it's a little mushy, but it will do). No more eating when I get home! 

Now that I've written it all down, I have to stick to it!

Keep it up everyone.

Day 9 (it is day nine isn't it?) and still cranky! I don't remember my co-workers being anywhere near this

annoying before my Whole 30 started. Yikes - hope this passes soon!

On a more positive note - I had the last of my chocolate chili over stir fried kale. Topped it with half

an avocado - so good. I finished with some apple and pear slices I baked with some coconut flakes. It,too,

was tasty - but a little too "dessert like" for total compliance. Will have to watch those urges - although

I did resist the urge to weigh myself today, so that was a win!.

Hope you all are doing well - keep plugging away

Wow - can't believe it's day 10. Tayleo - I understand the obsession with the scale - I'm so happy with how my clothes fit and I would really love the affirmation of the scale but I'm going to wait. SO HARD!!!

Planned really good food for tonight - wanted something to look forward to and avoid possible day 10-11 blues. I'm sleeping so good - very refreshed in the morning and I wake up easily. I used to snooze 4-5 time. Lots of energy throughout the day too. Kickboxing class tonight - anxious to see if I do better in that too.

I didn't avoid the scale this morning..I failed on that end

but..

6.2 pounds in 10 days.

Lets hope the W30 police don't kick me out

No, we won't kick you out. ;)  But we will plead with you to please please please hide your scale for the rest of your Whole30.  Have a friend come over and take your scale into their house until you finish, if you have to.  Yes, this rule is that important.

I know that weight is not the point of whole30 but if I do not lose the weight I will end up with diabetes, heart disease, cancer... so getting the weight off is an motivating factor to me so the fact I have lost weight encourages me to continue. 

I did pretty good today but I definitely need to add more starchy veggies to dinner. I went to the gym at 5:30am, ate some protein before I jumped in the shower, and proceeded to pass out for an hour on my bed after!

Thankfully I work from home or I would've been late. 

I'm fighting the urge to weigh myself but I settled by taking my hip measurement real quick and I lost .5 inch. I found kombucha yesterday and I love it. It was a nice little pick me up yesterday while I was dress shopping. 

I did pretty good today but I definitely need to add more starchy veggies to dinner. I went to the gym at 5:30am, ate some protein before I jumped in the shower, and proceeded to pass out for an hour on my bed after!

Thankfully I work from home or I would've been late. 

I'm fighting the urge to weigh myself but I settled by taking my hip measurement real quick and I lost .5 inch. I found kombucha yesterday and I love it. It was a nice little pick me up yesterday while I was dress shopping. 

Sorry, in addition to the no weighing rule, there is also a rule of not taking body measurements during a Whole30. So please hide the tape measure until you're done.

Archived