Starting 3/24 Lets do this and change!

EJSmadhatter

Day 3. Still in it :-). Definitely still having stomach issues but not as bad. May have narrowed it down to the black coffee. Avoided that today and stomach feels better but now I have caffeine headache. Overall feel okay otherwise. Still excited. Dinner last night was great - spaghetti squash with crushed tomatoes and chicken "breaded" in cashews and herbs. Really good. My first time eating squash.

Drink lots of water with the headache. It helped me 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang! Thank chicken sounds amazing! I may try that next week.

Just woke up from a three hour nap and feel totally awful, sore throat and everything so there's that....

Maybe I have The Hangover?

When I did it the last time I got a sore throat too. 

Have been doing really well today considering all the work stress. I have the afternoon lull. I really want to take a nap. I think maybe I waited too long and got too hungry before I ate lunch. I am really looking forward to my stir fry tonight. I will let you know how it goes :rolleyes:

That does sound so good. I have so many limitations right now but I can't wait til I can do nuts again.

I very thinly sliced turkey (can't do chicken). I am using broccoli slaw, water chestnuts,  and the sauce is coconut aminos, ginger, and cilantro. I can't do garlic or onions right now either. You can really add what ever veggies you want and maybe some bamboo shoots. I will saute the turkey first, then add the veggies and the sauce. 

Yesterday went pretty well for me.  I even said no to the food offered at the get together at my friends house last night.  This morning I was totally exhausted.  So tired I had to get up and walk around to prevent myself from nodding off at my desk.  I can't wait until these overly tired spells are done with. How are you all feeling on day four?

So I woke up this morning feeling like poop. I don't know if it was the "hang over" but I was sore all over and my throat was swollen. 

My breakfast was a bit weird, but here were my meals 

M1: Deli meat (compliant)...about all my throat would handle 

M2: Made thai coconut soup and had a few pistachios 

Kombucha 

M3: Thai coconut soup, pear

I didn't do much today besides nap and do laundry which is still in the dryer. 

Hoping tomorrow I will feel better....

Today was a hard day for the forum to be down. I was stressed out and struggling and realize that checking in a couple of times a day here really keeps me on track. I'm really tired today to and a bit of a sore throat this evening. Hope it's from toxins leaving my body...,

Yes, I was wondering where the forum was! Glad it's back. I officially start over today. I'm pretty sure I have the foods down and being compliant but now I'm working on making sure I have the portions right - not eating too much fruit or nuts and doing a better job of planning snacks. I'm considering this a step by step journey. Yesterday:

2 eggs, tomato, avocado + 1/4 chicken breast

red cabbage slaw + chicken breast

snack: 1/2 to 3/4 cantaloupe (so that wasn't really compliant)

1 and 1/2 hamburger patty, lettuce, tomato, a few strawberries

then came home and snacked on celery and kalamata olives

So definitely need to cut out the snacking or plan my snacks better in order to compliant.

I did get to do some yoga and then later some karate which was nice. 

Have a better day. Hang in there.  I am SO proud however that I have not drank soda or eating anything with sugar in quite a while. I gave up the coffee+cream+fake sugar. I now have green tea + lemon in the morning and am drinking more water. So even though I haven't been fully compliant in some ways, I know I am already eating better for my body.

Yesterday:

2 eggs, tomato, avocado + 1/4 chicken breast

red cabbage slaw + chicken breast

snack: 1/2 to 3/4 cantaloupe (so that wasn't really compliant)

1 and 1/2 hamburger patty, lettuce, tomato, a few strawberries

then came home and snacked on celery and kalamata olives

So definitely need to cut out the snacking or plan my snacks better in order to compliant.

Just for clarification: having cantaloupe for a snack is absolutely 100% Whole30 compliant.

However, having fruit for a snack isn't aligned with our recommendations for best results. The recommendation is to have your fruit with or immediately after a meal only, and have snacks be a mini meal including a protein and fat.

Play with your protein, veg and fat portions at your earlier meals to get to a place where your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours. That will help you move away from the need to snack. 

Just for clarification: having cantaloupe for a snack is absolutely 100% Whole30 compliant.

However, having fruit for a snack isn't aligned with our recommendations for best results. The recommendation is to have your fruit with or immediately after a meal only, and have snacks be a mini meal including a protein and fat.

Play with your protein, veg and fat portions at your earlier meals to get to a place where your meals satiate you for 4-5 hours. That will help you move away from the need to snack. 

Thanks Chris for the tips. I get that my food is whole 30 compliant, but I'm working on breaking my bad snacking food habits as I feel the need to consider the recommendations for best results key to slaying the snacking dragon so I want to be "compliant" with the recommendations. I'll continue working on the my various fat-protein-veg combos to help achieve this and plan out better snacks. 

Appreciate the feedback. I definitely feel healthier with this way of life and not deprived - in fact, the opposite is true!

Last night, we had family birthday and was able to manage to only eat within the guidelines, which was a huge success not to nosh on the fries, the chips, the salami-cream cheese roll-up, or dessert (although that was easier b/c it had gluten and that is off the table for me and so much easier to say no). 

Hang in there everyone.

I found out yesterday that a good friend of mine died. The funeral is this weekend. I have gone off whole30. I may go back on today or wait until after the funeral. I am not sure what I am going to do yet. I just wanted everyone to know why if I stopped posting. Keep going strong. It is an incredible program and I do feel so much better when I am complaint. I will let everyone know what ups..

EJSmadhatter - sorry to hear that.  Prayers for you and your family.  

I can't believe it's Day 5 - it has actually gone by pretty fast.  I am also fighting temptation to weigh in, but I'm not going to - I'll just be happy with the way my clothes are fitting.  I'm not struggling as much with what I can't eat as I thought I would.  I've had a few moments where I wanted something sweet, but it passed.  Honestly, the hardest thing for me is eating so early in the morning - I didn't usually eat breakfast for at least 2 hours after I woke up before I started.  And eating veggies is still tough - I am going to do it, but I just don't like it.  I've tried quite a few different things now (veggies I have never eaten in my life-spaghetti squash, asparagus, snow peas, etc.) and I really just don't like them.  Not horrible, but nothing great either.  So, that part is hard - and I'm having to really push to keep eating veggies.  I will though - hoping as I eat more my tastes may change.  

EJSmadhatter : Sorry for your loss.  We're here when you need us and do what you can to still fuel your body with nutrition when you can.  

Tayleo: Don't Do It...ride it out and know you're doing what you need to for your body :0

firsttimer: nice job keeping an open mind and trying things out. Hopefully there will some things that you'll find that you like. If you haven't tried veggies in a curry sauce, that may help as it flavors the veggies really well.

I didn't do it... but I do "feel" lighter

Wow, day 5! My lunch was random: A very small serving of Left over thai soup, pistachios and avocado wrapped with proscuttio. Hoping that will keep me full until dinner. As of right now I don't feel hungry and dinner is my favorite, roast chicken. I also had to snack between breakfast and lunch...but it to be fair it had been 4 hours and I couldn't eat lunch at 10:30....so I had a handful of pistachios. 

Can you believe its almost been a week?

I am going to the store tonight and i am going to get the ingredients for chocolate chili...pretty excited for that!

EjSmadhatter - so very sorry for your loss.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Tayleo - back away from that SCALE!

It has been a tough couple of days for me - food wise things are going very well - but am I ever cranky!  Thinking I am going to break into tears at one moment, and then  just about ready to bite my co-workers heads off the next!  I am really hoping this feeling passes VERY quickly.

One of my goals for this Whole 30 was to cut way back on my intake of nuts and nut butter and so far that has been going very well.

I am using more coconut oil than I have in the past - and am upping my intake of avocados (not hard to do!).

Looking forward to trying some new recipes this weekend - and will treat myself to a new hair color to boost my crappy mood.

Omg oh gosh girls - It has been an emotional day for me too. It started with having no energy...then my dad called (lots of emotional baggage there) and it didn't end well but cue tears, bitchy, tears, bitchy and then hungry. Awesome.. my poor darling fiancé. Maybe we are in the zone of Hate All The Things?

My weird little lunch did last me until now (9pm) with my dinner still cooking because when Jesse (fiancé) got home we ran errands and grocery shopped and didn't get home until 8:30...but I am sipping a kombucha and holding strong

Since I don't really snack anymore  I found kind of am emptiness to my days...also I am not running towards food as much to solve my problem...but sort of having to deal with the emotion right then and there. Anyone else going through something similar?

first timer- that salmon sounds bomb!! 

kerry - oooo what hair color? That sounds like a good way of nurturing yourself 

DAY 6 TOMORROW!!!

Archived