Starting 3/24 Lets do this and change!

EJSmadhatter

Well, woke up today with tons of energy - 7:00 am on a Saturday when I didn't have to get up.  Don't know if I'm happy or mad about that?  I guess it's good, it will give me time to do next weeks grocery list before the kiddos all wake up.  Today is my son's b'day party - and then we're taking him out bowling with his friends.  It will be challenging, and I was stressing about this, but now I'm not so worried.  I feel like I'm at a point where I'm really okay with this.  Having the sugar out of your system really helps with not craving it.  I'm off to search Pinterest for recipes - have a great day everyone!! 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is also be the best I have felt in a few days. Still some congestion but other than that lots of energy 

Going to dinner at my dads tonight. Told them I was doing whole30 ( I had to explain) and they planned to smoke a chicken and I will bring a salad. I don't drink around my dad (he's a functioning alcoholic) so that shouldn't be a problem

Hope everyone has a great day

No fair that you are all feeling good. Today is my crabby day. I want to shoot everyone and burn down my house. I am ravenously hungry and sick of being good. Luckily I know this will pass... God bless everyone around me until it does!

Really fell off the wagon yesterday. So it's a definite restart for me. Really just normal evening of stress of the day and the kids but I broke down and went for the comfort foods - popcorn, movie, and a margarita. It did taste good but I do have a headache today and have to start over :(

Had a pretty good day all and all. This whole30 thing ain't so bad. I do have a family that is very supportive!

My dad smoked a chicken and made roasted veggies for dinner. Even had shrimp and olives as a snack -- win! I drank a strawberry kombucha instead of wine and felt pretty good about it. 

Went to a local paleo bistro and had a small coconut milk latte, that was heaven. Also bought a whole30 compliant energy bar, even the soups there are whole30. The owners both have done several whole30s and make compliant options. So wicked cool. If you're in Denver, CO check out MMMM, Coffee. 

I plan on eating my energy bar if I need on my hike with my mother in law tomorrow. 

I might even go past 30 days too. A few things have been a pain the butt but I have gotten a new compliments on my weightless so far and feel pretty dang good. I do think I am a mild onset of ketosis because my mouth tastes metallic and my tongue is fuzzy but I feel good so I am not going to test it or question it. My body knows best. 

Hope you lovely ladies are doing well! Stay strong! 

Wow - a week!  I have to say this has been easier than I expected.  Maybe I was just very mentally prepared because of all the amazing resources online and things like these forums.  Headaches have subsided, but still there occasionally (especially between meals - I may not be eating enough).  Latest thing is crazy hot flashes - don't know if that's my metabolism or just me?  Anyway, got through my son's birthday party with no problem yesterday!  Snacks all around and TWO ice cream cakes at different times and it really wasn't even tempting.  The only time I ever feel the urge to waiver is when I'm hungry and need food fast and don't have a plan.  But, I found some Larabar's that are compliant to have for emergencies like that, but not to snack on.  Overall very happy i chose to do this and so thankful the information is all out there to help! 

Today has been a busy day for me - grocery shopping and doing my prep for the week. Cooking as much proteinahead of time as I can seems to really keep me on track. Also roasting veg and sweet potato and prepping myraw veg for the week. The house smells divine! i am going to try my hand at sausage - hope I get the

spices right - and not too strong!

I notice a clear difference in the fit of my clothes today - that is really nice to see already!

Tayleo - aren't you lucky to have found a Whole 30 compliant bistro! The coffee sound heavenly - I have yet to find Whole 30 compliant coconut milk. I will keep looking as I know it is out there somewhere!

I am thinking of extending beyond the 30 days as well. I am heading to Paris with my sister in early May, so think I will stick with the program til then.

Yep - I'm prepping today too!  Made mayonnaise this afternoon so I could do chicken salad and tuna during the week for lunches.  Was absolutely thrilled when I realized my fav chicken salad recipe was compliant already!  Also, made some taco seasoning so I could have tacos (no shells) tonight.  Will be interesting without sour cream and cheese, but I think with avocado and black olives I might not even miss the other stuff.    Keep it up ladies!  

I made three unsuccessful attempts at mayonnaise yesterday - even tried the immersion blender and couldn't getit to work - frustrating! I really love the avocado dressing in ISWF - but need that darned mayonnaise

first!

May try it again today - I've made it a couple times before, so don't know what the problem is this time.

Kerry54lee that's strange. This was my first time and worked perfect. However - the taco seasoning didn't go so well. I tried to sneak it in and didn't say anything about it being different and every one of my kids hated it!!!! Kept asking me if I did something different because they thought it was awful. I actually felt bad!!!

I have yet to attempt mayo and I know I should. What are the good recipes? 

Went on a two hour hike with my mother in law (soon to be) with hardly any stopping AND no need for that energy bar. That is SO unheard of for me. I came home, took a shower and now I am sipping on a kombucha very content waiting for Jesse to come home to make dinner. 

Pretty awesome

My tongue is getting a little tired of tasting the same things over and over...although tomorrow I am making chocolate chili which will hopefully be a little different. 

I am also getting sick of the same old foods. I think if I even look at a sweet potato I may puke

Also I only ate half my food for dinner and am so full hours later. The thought of food makes me kinda queasy too...anyone else?

Had a pretty good day all and all. This whole30 thing ain't so bad. I do have a family that is very supportive!

My dad smoked a chicken and made roasted veggies for dinner. Even had shrimp and olives as a snack -- win! I drank a strawberry kombucha instead of wine and felt pretty good about it. 

Went to a local paleo bistro and had a small coconut milk latte, that was heaven. Also bought a whole30 compliant energy bar, even the soups there are whole30. The owners both have done several whole30s and make compliant options. So wicked cool. If you're in Denver, CO check out MMMM, Coffee. 

I plan on eating my energy bar if I need on my hike with my mother in law tomorrow. 

I might even go past 30 days too. A few things have been a pain the butt but I have gotten a new compliments on my weightless so far and feel pretty dang good. I do think I am a mild onset of ketosis because my mouth tastes metallic and my tongue is fuzzy but I feel good so I am not going to test it or question it. My body knows best. 

Hope you lovely ladies are doing well! Stay strong! 

You made my day with the suggestion of Mmmm Coffee! I live down the street, so I'm going to go by on Saturday to enjoy some coffee. Maybe I'll do a light jog there to wake up depending on the weather :)

I failed to plan for lenten Friday, so I ended up eating something I shouldn't. I fully restarted yesterday after I dropped my mom off at the airport. Just 1.5 days of being off plan and I felt like a balloon! My stomach was also very upset most of Saturday afternoon. I have a huge zit today too! Ugh. Lesson 1 on never going off plan. 

You made my day with the suggestion of Mmmm Coffee! I live down the street, so I'm going to go by on Saturday to enjoy some coffee. Maybe I'll do a light jog there to wake up depending on the weather :)

I failed to plan for lenten Friday, so I ended up eating something I shouldn't. I fully restarted yesterday after I dropped my mom off at the airport. Just 1.5 days of being off plan and I felt like a balloon! My stomach was also very upset most of Saturday afternoon. I have a huge zit today too! Ugh. Lesson 1 on never going off plan. 

MMMM coffee is amazing.  And that's right - don't fall off plan. Not worth it. I am day 8 and it does get better. 

So ladies, day 8!! 

Had amazing homemade sweet potato hash browns  this morning. Grated the potato, onion, garlic and then fried it in coconut oil. Delish

No clients today so I am just gonna clean and prep some food for tonight. Skipped the burgers and went to chipotle *compliant* because we were lazy yesterday so night we are making burgers 

It's weird lately I've been craving spicy food....

I started last Monday but only registered for the forum last night. I came to Whole 30 after some time being successful on low carb (the meat and veggies and egg type, not the bacon double cheeseburger type).

But I found that dairy combined with advancing age, perimenopause and lack of adequate sleep impacts my weight loss ability. On low carb, I lost 25 pounds - slowly but lost. I had a major car accident in October, a cruise in February, and visit with family in March. I have had the Whole 30 materials (the downloaded e-book before It Starts WIth Food came out) for a few years, but never tried.

I thought a Whole 30 would be a great kick off back onto the diet plan; I plan to transition back to low carb upon completion. I miss cheese and heavy whipping cream but I LOVE having access to fruit.

I "forgot" about the no scale thing, and I will begin that starting now.

My meals this past week look like this:

hard boiled egg, raw veggies, compliant guacamole

Burger patties, steamed veggies with ghee

protein portion, roasted veggies, sauted spinach

eggs over medium on sauteed veggies

I did use non compliant sausage last night for scotch eggs.

I know from experience that *planning* is absolutely key.

Now that I have found this thread, I will check in.

Welcome Midlyfechrysalis! This is a pretty supportive group and it definitely helps to keep me on track.

Planning is key... but I'm learning that at times I need a back up plan as well. For instance, this weekend I overdid it on gassy vegetables but hadn't done my weekly shopping yet, so only had gassy vegetables left to choose from in the house. My stomach was killing me and I didn't want to add more fuel to the fire.

We have one Trader Joe's in the area that helps a bit with having some different compliant semi-prepared options. I just tried their red pepper artichhoke teripnade this weekend over pulled pork, and it was deliscious. Wegmans, our local grocery store has some compliant chicken sausages as well that are pretty good. We don't have an MMMM coffee, and I am jealous. :) We do have some chipotle. Anyone else have convenience ideas that they enjoy for those days when you are bored with the usual or didn't prepare ahead?

Officially re-starting tomorrow. Was not so compliant over weekend and would have re-started today but ate some coconut chips that were sweetened with sugar!  READ YOUR LABELS!  Shopped and cooked up a storm this weekend so have some great go to meals. Even though I had the coconut chips, I'm still eating the rest of the day Whole 30. 

I made chocolate chili and ate it with spaghetti squash. I have extra so will experiment with other options for additonal veggies. Other menu items for this week include steak with butternut squash puree, chicken thighs & salad, leftover steak salad or stirfry, and baked chicken thighs (and may save the bones to use to make a bone broth?), and I'll throw some beets in a salad at some point too. Ready to rock this. Skipped buying the watermelon since I know I'd eat too much of it at one time. So trying to keep my house in good shape so it's not too tempting. 

Not easy when you're also feeding 3 boys and a husband who like to eat grains and such. They ate the chocolate chili but added beans and turned it into nachos!  

Archived