Starting 3/24 Lets do this and change!

EJSmadhatter

Ecolimonsters - Thanks - I'll open that jar of ghee in my fridge and give it a try.

So - Day 29 if I've counted correctly.   What a feeling of accomplishment to have made it this far! 

I am certainly listening more closely to the cues my body gives about hunger - this 30 day period has given me a much better handle on portion control.  I have found that my taste has changed dramatically - real food does taste fabulous!

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy day 30 everyone!!!

I am feeling super proud of my self for sticking with this. My blood pressure has improved a lot, but I do need to exercise to help keep it down. I sleep well though that was never an issue. I eat way more vegetables than ever before, I've lost a bit of weight, not a lot, but I'll take it.

How about the rest of this group that saw this all the way through..... What are your takeaways?

Day 30. We did it!  Ecolimonsters you mentioned blood pressure.  I had mine checked yesterday and was shocked at how much it had come down.  I also sleep well and that was a huge issue in the past.  I eat a lot more veggies. I rarely snack.  I rarely crave anything and if I do it's because a smell has triggered the craving.  Like smelling chocolate cake and Easter candy.  I no longer need caffeine to start my day and and happy drinking water which was never the case before. I have more energy.  I can't wait to step on that scale tomorrow!

I can't believe how quickly the 30 days have passed!  

I too have been eating far more veggies - and far less fruit.  After years of dieting, it has been odd not to worry about weighing or measuring my food.  I have quite enjoyed following the guidelines for balancing a healthy plate of food at each meal.  

I will try not to feel disappointed if the scale hasn't moved much tomorrow - I'm just not feeling "lighter" as I did in my past two Whole 30's.  We will see tomorrow morning. Regardless - I will be continuing on for at least another few days. I had planned on a Whole 45, but realized I should get working on re-introduction before a planned trip to Paris in early May.  

Looking forward to reading your posts tomorrow!

Results are in!

Weight - down 7.2 pounds

Inches - down 8.5 inches

While the results don't come close to those achieved on my first Whole 30 (lost 13 pounds) maybe that's a sign that I haven't fallen back into ALL my bad habits over the past year!

I do feel quite wonderful - and full of energy - and plan on continuing with the eating plan for at least a few more days before re-introducing dairy.  I have learned over the three Whole 30's I have completed that grains are not my friend - no plans to reintroduce them this time.

Looking forward to hearing how "results day" went for everyone else.

I didn't do before measurements but I did get a before weight.  I am down 18lbs!  I'm a larger person so easier for me to lose larger amounts.  Either way.  I am super excited and have already planned my next Whole30.  

I didn't do before measurements but I did get a before weight.  I am down 18lbs!  I'm a larger person so easier for me to lose larger amounts.  Either way.  I am super excited and have already planned my next Whole30.  

Great results, Noelle - and don't you dare "minimize" your accomplishment - 18 pounds is a fabulous loss no matter where you started!

How are you feeling - do you notice an increase in energy?

Archived