Breakfast ideas- no eggs, coconut or tree nuts

Hi all,

I'm looking for breakfast ideas ideas. I'm on day 44 of whole 30. I've done 2 gluten free grain tests, both with symptoms of a really bad cold when I've eaten them which improve slowly by day 3 and then day 4 symptoms seem to be gone. One of the times could have been the flu, but I do plan on another test. I also took out eggs, tree nuts and coconut at day 30 to keep it our for 30 days because I had a new symptom, wheezing while running and I do have asthma and read these could be triggers. Since cutting those I don't wheeze while running. I do plan on introducing these three seperately after 30 days off.

Anyhow, does anyone have new breakfast ideas with these limitations? I'm getting so bored with no breakfast foods. The closest I get is a sweet potato hash, sautéed mushrooms, mixed greens and grass fed sausages :)

Please help!

Laura

• Moderators

It might be time to expand beyond your conception of breakfast and simply think of it as meal 1. Then your template possibilities are endless. I've been especially happy with Well Fed 2s bangers, burgers and balls section for handy ways to make various ground meats delicious. Also makes for great on-the-go breakfasts. Good luck! Sounds like you're doing great!

I do my own 'sausage' patties which is ground pork and I put some spices in it (fennel, cinnamon, sage) I bake them in batches then microwave each morning. I also usually have sweet potato with it (also prebaked and microwaved) but you can have any kind of veggie. I also like spinach, asparagus or green beans. Sometimes I have left overs from the night before, or I use frozen veggies and microwave them.

I have been having ground meat stir fry in the morning and I really like it. Also I feel fuller then when I eat eggs. I don't over season my stir fry, just salt and pepper. So far I have only had turkey but I am going to get beef next week. I also made meat patties that I cooked and froze for quick breakfast. I do not like them at all for breakfast. I just don't like large chunks of meat for breakfast. 

Archived