How To Intro

OrganicMom

I know it's here somewhere, but can someone tell me if there is a particular order one must reintro?  I know there are 4 categories....I thinks it's dairy, legumes, grains and wheat...  and it's every three days, correct?  Does it really matter what order one does this in?  And how much of the product does one need to consume?  I know it's all three meals but a nibble or main course or doesn't matter?

Here is the recommended sample reintro schedule. http://whole30.com/step-two-finished

You reintro a particular food group at all three meals in one day, keeping all else Whole30 compliant. At each meal, have whatever is the serving size of the item being reintroduced. Then you stay 100% Whole30 compliant for 2 days. Then you reintro the next food group, following the same protocol.

Once you reintro a particular food group, you don't eat it again until you complete all your reintros.

You only need to reintro the food groups you're curious about, in terms of your physical or psychological reaction, or that you want to eat again.

You can reintro in any order you choose.

If you're going to reintro alcohol, you wouldn't be expected to have that at all 3 meals. A drink or two on "alcohol day" would suffice here.

Sugar doesn't merit its own reintroduction, per Melissa. http://forum.whole9life.com/topic/11298-day-31-re-intro-email-sugar-not-listed/#entry115489

You could use ice cream on dairy day ... just check the ingredients to ensure it doesn't include gluten or soy.

I don't know that chocolate merits its own reintro day. Many chocolate companies use soy lecithin in their chocolate.  You might want to reintro soy before chocolate, so you at least test that on its own. If you really wanted to test chocolate (sounds like a fun test), I'd suggest testing a quality dark chocolate that doesn't include soy.  

I'm not that worried about soy - I know... tsk tsk...but in reality we consume very very little soy in my family.  It would be such trace amounts in items that we so seldom have that I just think, overall, I have more things to worry about. ;)   But thanks for the advice about it.  Those chocolate bars do sound good...who would have thought Lindt?  In previous years we have avoided all Lindt because most of their stuff has artificial flavors or additives- so I would never have even looked at them.  I'll check them out!  Thanks!

Oh no!!! I was so excited yesterday about starting my reintroduction! I started with dairy and ended my day with ice cream! half a scoop each of coffee, strawberry and CARAMEL CONE!! that means I must have eaten gluten along with the dairy, so now what?!

I haven't felt worse (or better for that matter) and have kept everything else compliant... Does that mean that both dairy and gluten are good for me? *it hasn't been 24 hours yet since I ate that bowl of ice cream...

I'd start a new thread if I were you to make sure a moderator sees this question!  I'm guessing one thing from gluten wouldn't be enough to tell you and your two days in between aren't up yet...but I'm just me....  just a member... someone else would know more.  Make your own post if you haven't already.

Oh no!!! I was so excited yesterday about starting my reintroduction! I started with dairy and ended my day with ice cream! half a scoop each of coffee, strawberry and CARAMEL CONE!! that means I must have eaten gluten along with the dairy, so now what?!

I haven't felt worse (or better for that matter) and have kept everything else compliant... Does that mean that both dairy and gluten are good for me? *it hasn't been 24 hours yet since I ate that bowl of ice cream...

Ideally, when you reintro, you only reinto one food group at a time, so you're confident of what caused any reactions.

Since you didn't have any discernible reactions, you're probably ok.  To be sure, you might want to retest gluten on its own day.

Archived