Oh Dear VitaMix, How Do I Love Thee? Let Me Count the Ways...

jhmomi

Getting back on track with Whole30 #2 has me falling in love with my VitaMix all over again. Gazpacho, salad dressings, nut butter, soups and sauces. Yum. For a lazy cook like me, a VitaMix is an awesome thing to have. I had my mother buy it for my birthday for a few years ago and hardly ever used it until I made a permanent place on my counter for it. It's an investment for sure to get one, but worth it over time.

What are you favorite things to prepare with your VitaMix?

I have a HealthMaster elite, which is similar but less expensive. Still, it's a blender that will cook a soup for you. I'd like to see how people use theirs, so I can get some ideas.

I use mine to blend coffee with clarified butter for a latte-like drink. I also made currywurst sauce the other day. THAT WAS A MISTAKE. Now my blender pitcher is stained yellow from the turmeric, even after soaking it in diluted bleach.

I also use it to make cashew cream. And then with cashew cream make a mushroom soup.

Bummer about the stain on your blender. I don't know why my VitaMix hasn't stained but so far it looks good. I was fortunate to get it as a birthday present from my Mom. I plan to try some more cold and hot soups in mine. Butternut squash soup sounds good but I haven't chosen a specific recipe to try. I want to try the Avocado soup from the Whole9 blog when my avocados get ripe. It sounds like it would be so yummy topped with shrimp and diced prosciutto. Need to make some chicken stock for that first. Hate to buy the store stuff when homemade is so easy to make and tastes better...

http://whole9life.co...7/summer-soups/

And I made the Watermelon and Tomato Gazpacho from Nom Nom Paleo and thought it was yummy. I didn't bother to peel any of my veggies...

http://nomnompaleo.c...tomato-gazpacho

Anyone else have a recipe to share?

Hobbitgirl, how did your cauliflower rice turn out in the VitaMix? Did you do it in batches? I was afraid that it would puree it because it's so powerful.

I do the cauliflower dry, and yes in batches. So I have to keep dumping it into a bowl. My only other 'food processer' is quite tiny so the vita mix still works much better, and it's very quick even doing batches.

Archived