Jen's 2nd W30

pjena

I can't disagree with anything anybody said.  I just have to mentally get there.  Somehow.

Good news is that I felt like eating this morning for the first time since Easter.  I enjoyed my normal breakfast with my bit of sweet potato.  I ate an hour earlier than normal, so hopefully the extra will hold me over until lunchtime. 

Bad news is that 9yo has a cold/cough so we've had some interrupted sleep the past two nights and I'm tired.  I'll power through today and hopefully catch up this weekend.

Day 5:

M1 - eggs, greens, sw pot/CB

M2 - green beans/other veg, sausage, avocado

M3 - probably leftover fish or scotch eggs, whichever husband doesn't eat for lunch :)

WO - yoga!

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hanging in there.  The weekend was pretty good, though dreary and rainy and cold.  12yo had 2 indoor soccer games Saturday and then thank goodness the outdoor tournament was canceled on Sunday.  It rained all day.  I got a ton done at home - 5 loads of laundry, tons of chopping and dishes, cleaned up some junk piles that have been bugging me.  It was nice.  Way better than sitting in the rain all day watching wet miserable kids play soccer in the mud.

I'm having sleep issues for some reason.  Both Sat and Sun night, I woke up in the middle of the night because of 9yo coughing (he has a cold) and then couldn't fall back to sleep for a couple hours.  I HATE when that happens.  I hope tonight is better.

Last night I had thoughts go through my head about getting into the Easter treats, but I resisted.  I know it wouldn't make me feel good physically or mentally.

Day 6:

M1 - eggs, greens

M2 - salad/veg, hb eggs, avocado

M3 - salad/veg, fish, avocado, tomato soup, banana, AB

WO - yoga

Day 7:

M1 - eggs, greens

M2/3 - snacky due to weird timing of day - cashews/dried apricots & carrots/sugar snap peas around 11 and then banana/AB around 2

M4 - chicken, salad/veg, olives

WO - yoga

Day 8:

M1 - eggs, greens, sw pot/CB

M2 - kale salad, hb eggs, veg

M3 - pork chop, veg, salad

WO - yoga

• Moderators

Sounds like you're doing an awesome job taking care of yourself, Jen! Here's to resisting the junk that makes us feel terrible and choosing to do the things that make us feel on top!

Also, I totally respect your decision to continue to include fruit and nut butters in your diet and to keep that additional restriction in your back pocket. I thin the important thing is to realize that there IS more you can do to try to slay that sugar dragon, but only if and when you want to. The point is to not get swallowed up by the pity monster (in addition to the sugar dragon) and dwell in victimland.

Glad things are going well, despite Easter candy cravings.  And I'm doubly glad you didn't have to sit out for a rainy day of soccer.  Hope you get a through the night dose of sleep tonight.

Yesterday I finally went through the bags and bags of candy we have laying around.  We are down to one container full and it is only stuff he got for Easter/recently.  I feel so much better having it all out of sight and put away.  Plus some of that junk was so old!

ETA: I won't lie, it was really hard to throw out some of my favorite candy.  I definitely thought about keeping a few things to have in case I wanted them.  But decided if I wanted them, I better make sure they weren't around to have!

M - I appreciate all the ideas and support!  It is good to have an idea to try if / when I'm ready.

Sara - I have such a hard time throwing out "food" even if it's junk.  I'm trying to get over that.  I'm saving the junky candy from Easter for a pinata at our party next weekend, but after that, it's going in the trash.  The "better" candy will stick around, though, because the kids and husband would kill me if I threw it away. 

Archived