Brazilian Steak House

KathyV

Has anyone had any luck at a Brazilian Steak House.  I am wanting to give one a try, but, not sure if any of the meats are compliant.

It looks like an awesome experience for any meat lover.....which I am becoming more of since being on the W30.

Thanks for any in-put:)

Has anyone had any luck at a Brazilian Steak House.  I am wanting to give one a try, but, not sure if any of the meats are compliant.

It looks like an awesome experience for any meat lover.....which I am becoming more of since being on the W30.

Thanks for any in-put:)

They are awesome but maybe not for your whole30. You start out with sausage (probably not compliant) then you get chicken, turkey, pork. lamb and beef. I would ask the restaurant what they marinate their meat in. I would definitely go after my whole30 and try the fried polenta and Feijoada (black beans). Enjoy!

GFChris-  If we decide to go before my W30(wanting to do a little longer...maybe 45-60?) I will call!!

Tina R-  If we go after my W30(or 45-60) I will enjoy every bite I take.  I love fried polenta esp. with hot/spicey jam!  but may have to pass on the beans...intestinal upset and it would be a 2 hr. drive......always thinking of others,lol

Thanks for the input

GFChris-  If we decide to go before my W30(wanting to do a little longer...maybe 45-60?) I will call!!

Tina R-  If we go after my W30(or 45-60) I will enjoy every bite I take.  I love fried polenta esp. with hot/spicey jam!  but may have to pass on the beans...intestinal upset and it would be a 2 hr. drive......always thinking of others,lol

Thanks for the input

Does this happen to you with all beans? Black beans are fine for me but kidney beans are not. If you like beans you might want to try different kinds during your re-intro to see if you can tolerate them. I totally understand about not eating any at the restaurant I am sure your friends will be grateful! lol.

Tina R   I really like the way I am feeling without the legumes and afraid to reintro. them.   I also feel the same way about dairy and grains.   Do you think that it would be healthy to continue eating W30 way?   The only thing I would like to have is the Paleo bread and wraps.

What are your thoughts?

Tina R   I really like the way I am feeling without the legumes and afraid to reintro. them.   I also feel the same way about dairy and grains.   Do you think that it would be healthy to continue eating W30 way?   The only thing I would like to have is the Paleo bread and wraps.

What are your thoughts?

Sounds like a good way to ride your own bike.  You can always start out that way and see how things go for you.

FWIW, since doing my Whole30 last summer, I pretty much eat Whole30 95% of the time. I keep grains, dairy, and legumes out of the house. Have been gluten-free for 7+ years. Only while dining out or at someone's house, if it's something special, would I have non-gluten grains, dairy or legumes.  I have quality dark chocolate sporadically, red wine at far less frequency than I did before, and don't worry about sugar or sulfites in packaged foods I buy.

Chris-  I like the way you use special occasions to not worry about what is consumed.  But, with my personality, I still would be "anal" about what I eat; maybe the food has the control over me?  The only dairy I may try to have on  a reg. basis would be Kefir(Full-fat) plain, and 100% grass-fed whey protein powder(hope that is not a dirty word,lol).  Grains I can do without, have been for a few months now anyway, just never heard anything really good about them.  May try the bean re-intro, but not quite sure. 

Dark chocolate and wine sounds really good!  I could go for a nice raspberry liqueur w/ your dark choc.  Some how typing it does not have the same effect......

Archived