Schiff Melatonin Ultra

Maycat

Hello! I just started the Whole30, but am concerned. I uses Schiff Melatonin Ultra every night and it helps me sleep. I get it from Costco, and it contains 3mg of melatonin. I just realized it has modified corn starch in it, plus lots of other things like silicon dioxide, cellulose, polyethelyne glycol, I guess that means I can't take it, right? So, does anyone have any suggestions for a melatonin supplement that is Whole30 compliant? Especially one that I can find before tonight?

Now I am concerned about my Thyroid medication, which may have unknown ingredients in it. How do you deal with the inactive ingredients of required prescriptions? Thank you!

Ok, found the inactive ingredient for my Levoxyl. It is Microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, and FD&C Red No. 40 Aluminum Lake, D&C Yellow No. 10 Aluminum Lake. :( I am going to assume that in my case Levoxyl is Whole30 compliant.

• 8 months later...

I just realized my husband has been taking Zyrtec with cornstarch the entirety of his W30. How likely is it that this has skewed his results? He is gluten intolerant for sure and we were both curious what effects going off all grains would have- is the small amount in a pill enough to keep him in a continued "grain state"?

Maybe? Maybe not? You know better than many that each persons mileage may vary. If he needs the zyrtec (some folks have one allergy med that works for them, and one alone. Mine's benadryl), then I wouldn't worry about it either way - he's going to see serious benefits. But, if you want to experiment on a different med... that might be fun too.

Archived