Started on 3/23!

tyleramy

Hi everyone!  My husband and I started on 3/23-  On Day #3-  and I am hungry all the time!  I'm eating a TON at meals-  is this just my brain playing tricks on me?  I'm trying not to snack, but the angry me might be coming out soon!

Welcome! Have you checked out the timeline? You might be close to the Kill All Things stage. http://whole30.com/2013/08/revised-timeline/.  Also are you following the meal planning template? http://whole30.com/downloads/whole30-meal-planning.pdf.  This is just the minimum so if you are hungry eat more. Make sure you are eating enough fats and starchy veggies. That will really help with your hunger. The first week is hard so if you are hungry have a mini meal as a snack. You Can Do It!

• Moderators

Welcome to the Whole30!

When I did my first one, I found it a struggle to eat as much as the template recommended. I got full before the end of the meal, but when I didn't finish all of it, I was STARVING before the next meal. So I made a real effort to eat it all and that got me to the next meal.

Snacking in between doesn't mean you failed, it just means eat more next time.

Keep up the good work and keep going!

Thanks!  I might need to up the starchy veggies.  Eating massive amounts of leafy greens, meat, etc. but maybe more of yams, etc.  I'm also a long-distance runner, and I feel like my metabolism is on overdrive.  Haven't quite figured out the balance yet  (clearly!)

Thanks!  I might need to up the starchy veggies.  Eating massive amounts of leafy greens, meat, etc. but maybe more of yams, etc.  I'm also a long-distance runner, and I feel like my metabolism is on overdrive.  Haven't quite figured out the balance yet  (clearly!)

You'll get there! I'd def. up the starchy veggies, especially if you're a LD runner! Welcome to the Whole30! 

Archived