Beans it's like a Bomb dropped

Hi all- wowza I am reintroducing beans today and did peanut butter for breakfast with my apple and 1/2 cup of chickpeas on my salad. About 20 minutes after eating it's like a bomb dropped. I'm so happy I was working from home because I went to the bathroom and in one fell swoop it's like I just had a colonoscopy that night but everything came out in one second. Is this a reaction saying I should stay away from beans? Thankfully I was working from home today or i could have crapped my pants- yuck!

When I ate the peanut butter I was fine but the bomb dropped with the chickpeas.

Tonight it's black beans. Soy could be part of this legume test too- right? Maybe I'll do a seperate day sometime for soy things. Is this like tofu and such? What are other soy foods?

Edamame are actual soy beans, you can find them in the frozen food section or you can get them at a sushi restaurant. Soy sauce or miso are other options.

Thanks! good news, tried 1/2 cup black beans with my chocolate chili tonight and no bathroom break. So the only episode was 20 minutes after the chickpeas and it was like nothing that's happenned to me in a super long time unless something really upset my stomach, never did this happen during the whole 30. I've been pretty regular now. But anyhow, does this mean if I have no other symptoms the next 2 days that perhaps chickpeas could be a culprit and black beans and peanut butter could not? I suppose I could just try black beans one day seperately and see how I react, eating it at a couple of meals and peanut butter as well and see how I do. Chickpeas I'm pretty sure are the key if I am ever constipated and want a homemade colonoscopy. :) 

I should mention i ate canned beans both time that were trader joe's bpa free. They are cooked right? But I'm also hearing soaking your own beans can help for 24 hours? Just a thought, but I think I can live without chickpeas and hummus. It's funny I ate hummus daily before starting whole 30 and I never had issues and go off of it for 45 days and try it, it's like a full on colonoscopy in a minute. Good go to. 

Canned beans may not be cooked the best way.  The best way to prepare beans is to soak dry beans for up to 36 hours.  This allows for a little fermentation to take place.  Then depending on the type of beans, you cook for about 6 hours.  Nourishing Traditions has a few recipes. They taste waaay better than canned beans when made this way.

Man day after beans all seems good other than the chickpea incident but suddenly 3 pm today major diarreah came on. Does this mean black beans too aren't my friend? This is tmi- but black beans came out in the diarreah whole! Does this mean all beans should be out or I'll pay the price? Fun times at work in which I was racing for a bathroom! Also peanut butter - that didn't bother me yeaterday. I would like to test that as I love it and miss it!

Archived