August 1st start! Buddies, advice, inspiration...all of the above???

PilatesDenver

Hi!

I am Deidre and I have been dabbling in the paleo lifestyle for about 2 months and I am starting the Whole30 today! I have been limiting my carb intake as I started eating more paleo, however, I do have a sweet tooth and I really enjoy the occasional glass of red wine ;). I am nervous, anxious and excited....I would love a buddy or more to help me along...especially as I head to Steamboat Springs this weekend for a family gathering (i.e., lots of booze and food).

I am really looking forward to taking this journey...wish me luck!!

:lol:

Best of luck to you, Deidre! You can do this! It will be hard to start out with a family gathering, but you can do it. Have sparkling water with lemon and lime slices and laugh a lot. No one will know it doesn't have the vodka in it and you'll have the last laugh because you'll feel great. Eat all you want of the meats, fruits, and veggies.

Have you seen Mel's post today on The Clothes Make the Girl? There's a fun "40 Inspirational Speeches in Two Minutes" clip.http://www.theclothesmakethegirl.com/2012/08/01/whole30-day-1-goals/

I'll be glad to help in any way I can. I've been eating paleo/primal for over a year for health and weight loss reasons, but am in for my first Whole 30 starting today.

Archived