Day 4, feel completely normal

Maybe I'm jumping the gun on this, but I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this experience. My husband and I are both on Day 4 and we've yet to see any of the negative side effects that the timeline talks about. We both have felt an increase in energy, which is great, but not much else. I did oversleep yesterday but I'm chalking that up to someone calling me at 4:30am the day before and me not getting back to sleep. I'm just concerned that we're doing something wrong!

To give a little background information, we both ate relatively "healthy," with our meals usually either beans or chicken for protein, vegetables, and rice (that's our biggest bad food we eat on a regular basis). But for the past couple of months, with moving twice to temporary locations, we got off track and just started binging on junk food. We hardly cooked dinner at all, and mostly ate pizza, Chinese, etc. So I was anticipated feeling awful from all that junk, but the worst I've had to deal with is cravings at "snack time," which I use to eat regularly. But I don't really crave anything in particular, it's just my brain saying "Hey, we normally eat right now."

Here's my typical meal plan:

Breakfast: 2 eggs, sweet potato hash with onions and garlic, sliced tomatoes, cooked in olive oil

Lunch: big salad with some protein, sometimes chicken, sometimes Whole30-approved sausage, olive oil/balsamic vinegar dressing

Dinner: chicken, sauteed vegetables (olive oil), tomato sauce or tomatoes and green chiles

Thanks for your thoughts!

Your meals look good.  On the eggs at breakfast, I'm thinking you or your husband could increase those (serving size for eggs is the number you can hold in one hand.)

Celebrate the fact that you're not feeling poorly. :)  The timeline describes what many people experience, but not everyone goes through every situation described. 

Press on!

I'm also on day 4 and feel great! Day 2 was a little rough for me but by the end of the day I realized all I had eaten was one serving of beef and a few almonds, plus a lot of veggies and fruit. So I'm assuming that was from the lack of protein and fat.

I haven't had any cravings or major headaches. I have always had a major sweet tooth, but when my family was eating ice cream cake a few days ago (my favorite) I barely even flinched! I even think I might be noticing my stomach getting a little tighter- not flatter necessarily, but it just feels more firm, plus my jeans don't feel as tight :) Maybe it's just in my head? Did anyone else notice results like that after just 4 days?

I would seriously look at this as a great thing!  I got the carb flu terribly the first time I did this.  I planned it to fall on a weekend just in case, and boy was I glad I did.  I felt like 3G's of gravity were pressing down on me.  I basically laid around all weekend, which is not my style. 

Enjoy your results, if you are feeling good then keep doing what you are doing. 

Archived