Official Whole30 - August Check Ins!

Robin Strathdee

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day is done. Gone the sun.

Went well except for a nasty headache most the day. And some fatigue. But stuck to it.

BTW, I LOVE the inspirational speeches video I got with my Whole30 Daily email for completing a successful day. That was brilliant. LOL

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs with salsa and two piece of bacon, coffee with some coconut milk.

Lunch: tuna over salad with cucumber and vinaigrette

Dinner: Coconut chicken curry with tons of veggies (was incredibly good!!)

Snack: a piece of beef jerky and a couple of sweet potato chips

Was a little hungry around 3. Other than that, no hunger.

I'm geared up and ready to go. I gave up alcohol 3 weeks ago, which was always my biggest stumbling block (and the impetus for failed Whole30s in the past). Now that it's gone from my life I can focus on really hitting the Whole30 hard, and actually making it through 30 days. I figure it can't be as hard as giving up drinking. I already cook a lot of my own food, and try to stick with Paleo foods, but lately a lot of candy and other no-nos have crept in.

Energy levels are pretty much the same as always, right now. My sleep is always great, 8-9 hours a night. Brain is a little foggy, but that's the norm for me (hoping this will go away during my Whole30). Goals are to lose the brain fog and drop 20 pounds (eventually, not just this month) so I can get down to 10% body fat and a lower weight class for powerlifting/weightlifting. Weighed in at 216.5 this morning, but not touching the scale until September.

I'm in and it was a good day. My biggest issue today was realizing and stopping the unconscious habit of grabbig some gum at work. I have to sometimes wear a surgical mask for long periods of time and really like to have minty gum breath while I'm working....not anymore...maybe a mint leaf chewed up before I put on the mask? My meals were fabulous and satisfying.

Day one down woohoo!! Made some sweet potatoes to eat after my workout this morning, that definitely helped beat the hunger monster. But boy did I miss my glass of wine tonight. :) But the cold lime seltzer tastes pretty good. Maybe by the end of 30 days it will taste as good or better than the wine.

Great job everyone!!! 1 down, 29 more to go!

Hubby and I ate like a prince and princess today. Had to show him he was not going to starve to death without his bread and sweetners. Really missed my SweetLow and splash of milk in my coffee but I had two cups of black coffee..Now it is night time when I usually find myself creeping back into the kitchen to binge on any and everything, but it is 10 and I think I am going to make it.

Archived