Official Whole30 - August Check Ins!

Robin Strathdee

Day 1 down--so far so good! Been pretty hungry today... though quantities of food seem to be okay. I'm nursing, so that may effect things. Will give it a couple days, and if I'm still needing more between meals I'll know the make them larger.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first whole 30, but I have been "eating clean" for about a year now. What makes it really special is that my 14 year old daughter has decided that she wants to get healthy with me! She has gained about 25 lbs. in the last year and she is not very happy about it. Usually my family is not supportive of any kind of "diet" so this is a big step for her to agree to even try to eat healthier. Good luck to everyone begining this journey today! :D

HI! I started yesterday, and intended to say hi but before I knew it I was going to bed! As part of my Whole30 experience I decided to limit my use of FB and all social media. I wanted to clean up everything and start this new school year clean!

I am a teacher and a mom to 2 boys! I have an unhealthy relationship with food, and did not realize it until this winter when I became obsessed with tracking my calories and staying under a certain, nearly unattainable number. It did not matter what I ate to meet that number just that I stayed under it!

I am ready!

I am set, and last night made cauliflower rice from Well Fed, and LOVED IT! (my husband thougth it was rice!!!)

That cook book is the best, and ISWF....started the changes in my thinking about food!!!

I am so excited!

(this forum is the only social media I am allowing myself during the 30 days!!!)

Janine

Ok, I failed. I had wine. So, starting again today. NO booze! I discovered the wine is just a sugar craving....well and it relaxes me, but it's more the taste I crave. So, gonna try something else this evening. Club soda with lime. Maybe....other than the wine, I did great. Anyone else have wine issues?

Hey Everyone!

Day 2 for me...I am 44 years old, flight attendant, fitness instructor, mom, business owner, etc...I have Celiacs Disease and the only one

out of 4 in the family eating Paleo...My struggle has been late at night...I just feel the need to snack...Habit! I chose Whole 30 approved items to eat...My addiction has been to Stevia and Cocoa....such a delish dessert.

Good Luck to everyone!

Good Morning All!

8/2 is my Day 1. I am excited to be a part of this whole30. Some anxiety last night and this morning. Have been working on my health and eating Paleo for the last year but never really had any direction. I feel like this is a wonderful opportunity not only to kick this up to the next level, but to understand what's going on in my body and gain some tools to help (not hinder) myself.

I'm stoked!

Hi Everyone,

I am a bit late checking in, but I started yesterday.

I have instinctively avoided grains, beans, nut and seed products, feedlot animal products, and Frankenfoods for years. I feel awful if I eat them. I mostly avoid fruit for the same reason, especially if it is raw :(

The biggest changes the Whole30 presents for me are eliminating my already modest servings of sugar, aged cheese, heavy cream, and the ubiquitous carageenan.

I hope you all are doing well.

I have a bit of a headache this morning.

Maeva

I'm in too! Wondering if anyone else is from mid-Missouri. Feel like I'm in a Paleo desert here. Best of luck everyone!

I grew up in Mid Missouri...miss Columbia...live in KC now. Congrats on starting...on Day 2 myself.

Checking in. Today (Aug 2) is official day 1 for my BF and I.

Had birthday cake and a glass of wine yesterday so today will be the start day. (Other than those 2 items I did really well so I feel prepared).

Really looking forward to this challenge.

Great work everyone on their completed day 1 & onto day 2 :)

Hi! I started the Whole30 yesterday. I have been eating along these basic guidelines for the past 4 months or so and it has been going great for the most part. I find myself still struggling to some extent with sugar issues and thought perhaps the Whole30 would give me a chance to address these more.

My other goal would be to have exercise be a little more consistent. During this month I'd like to mostly focus on a daily walk and yoga as a starting place.

Hello! My Whole30 journey began August 1st. I feel fantastic so far. The last 12 months I have been on a bodybuilding diet weighing and measuring 6 meals a day prepping for my first physique competition. I've put on a lot of muscle and love the way I look and how strong I am now. I have put my body through alot over the last year and have been sick alot and not sleeping well, so I'm going to give this a go and see what happens. I'm terrified I will lose alot of the muscle I have worked so hard to gain though. Not stepping on the scale this morning was really hard for me too. As a competitive bodybuilder, you need to watch your weight daily and make adjustments. I'm not giving up much on this plan, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, diet soda and sugar free coffee syrups. The eating is not the challenge for me, the challenge is not weighing myself or my food.

E

Started yesterday!! Feeling really good about this, but I'm having trouble with serious hunger pains in between meals!! And I know you're not really supposed to snack in between. What do I do??!!!!

Eat more fat.Good to have a spoon of coconut oil.It helps with hunger if you take it before your meal.

Just cruising through to say Day 2 is on! Noticed I was a little sluggish, but now feeling better. I'm thinking I was prorbably ingesting more sugar than I thought I was, particularly in my coffee. Drinking. coffee. black. is. not. hard. (LOL!) headed to a crossfit workout at noon!

p.s. we can do anything for 30 days, right!?!!

day TWO, feeling great. had my first "oh my god, i really do rely on sugar and crap when i'm stressed" this morning. man, one trip to target and i was toast (internally. i made it through!).

anyway, feeling optimistic and a little nervous. waiting for some demons to come to the surface. wow, that rhymes....

jen

Archived