Official Whole30 - August Check Ins!

Robin Strathdee

Started yesterday but haven't finished the book yet. I've got the basic idea though.

The night before I started I had a dream I went on a screaming rant at work because of all the empty carb and sugar snacks in the work kitchen. "SUGAR IS KILLING US ALL." So, uh, I guess I'm pumped to do this.

I've got a headache today and a little ugh feeling, but I love it cause I know that's my body getting better.

Good luck, y'all!

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Day 2 here but I ate out at a Thai restaraunt for lunch today and am wondering if I should start over. I only say that because I had panang curry (with extra veggies instead of rice) and can't say for sure if there was anything off plan in the sauce like sugar, or a fish sauce that has sugar, or any seed oils. :-( Nothing intentionally off plan on my part, but I didn't want to be "that girl" who had to grill the waitress about every single ingredient in the dish.

I think I will add 2 days to the end and call it good.

I'm in!

We eat paleo, but since becoming pregnant and dealing with first trimester nausea I've let some dairy and GF grains slip back in despite knowing how much crappier it was making me feel. Looking forward to feeling better and regaining my energy again.

Made it through Day 1 and (so far) halfway through Day 2 easily. :)

Hi All!

I am in, too! Started yesterday and I am feeling good. I first attempted a Whole30 and was introduced to Paleo last August. I had great results and then fell off the wagon between vacation and the holidays. January I completed my first Whole 30 all the way through and it was awesome! I felt fantastic, my energy stabilized - no afternoon fog, more positive, and lost a dress size. I have mostly kept it clean on the weekdays since, however, weekends have had their fair share of sugar and booze. I am looking forward to resetting my system again :)

I, too, am limiting my Social Media to this forum and I am so grateful you are all here!

Anyone else from San Diego around? :):):)

-Kate

Thank goodness for the timeline page b/c I seriously thought that someone had secretly given me a tequila IV drip while I slept last night - feels like a horrible hangover today. I was fine all day, but I think that was for two reasons 1) the detox hadn't kicked in, and 2) I was so busy all day didn't have time to really sit and think about anything except work and keeping to the plan - which I did. It was hard b/c I did have to adapt to a very long break b/t a 7am breakfast and a 3pm lunch - usually one day a week this is my schedule w/out flexibility - AND on those long days a co-worker always brings in a bucket of bagels and cream cheese. But I think my Whole30 Angel must have checked in with me b/c usually the big bagel bucket is on the community table right behind my desk. Not today! Yes!! We had some new computers delivered by IT dept and they haven't been set up so they are sitting on that table and the bagels are outside of the room and down the hall!!! Plus, I spent all day assisting in a surgery, so that kept me pre-occupied. Then I got home and thought OH GOD NO!!! A/C in the living room is broken!!! But alas, a monsoon swept into town and has cooled things down enough to not be too miserable. As much as I am thankful for the timeline, I have also decided to not read ahead and dread the different phases, but to read my phase and understand what I'm going through and know that others are going through it too, and have gone through it and have seen success. Alright day two - it was swell, but go your own way now.

Day 2 and been on track all day. Feelings: headache, anger, mental fog, wanting to eat something just because I'm angry.

I'm just mad at food! It sounds stupid and illogical but my head hurts and I'm tired and angry at food. I can't focus either. I can't help but laugh though. I want to go munch on things just because I'm angry that they exist.

I'll be glad when this phase is over and I get to experience unicorns and rainbows. Happyland is coming soon. Just not this week. LOL

Hang in there, guys! NO slip ups! Just do it!

I started yesterday but because I'd already eliminated most grains and sugar from my diet I don't have the carb flu. Yay! I am however fighting the urge to eat when I am not hungry and am having a hard time resisting that last Diet Mug Root Beer sitting in our refrigerator. My husband is mostly on board but he's still eating/drinking the rest of the food he wouldn't throw away. There's still sugar-cured bacon in there, too. Other than that all the food in the house is Whole 30 compliant so, even if I do pig out, I can't eat anything really bad if I pitch out that bacon. I do need to go buy some approved nuts for my hand-to-mouth compulsion, though.

Day 2. I'm with Kelly, jeepers I was grumpy today - bring on the unicorns and rainbows!! I finally took at nap around 4:00 p.m. and that helped me feel a little better. I didn't have patience for anyone or anything. I didn't sleep very well last night either. I'm hoping it gets better soon!

Well done everyone!! 2 down 28 to go!! .....I hope I sleep better tonight. I think I'll have a lavender bath and see if that helps.

holy moley batman!

whole30 on plan? CHECK!

crossfit workout? CHECK!

lunch ready for tomorrow? CHECK!

i also had a few run ins with the grumpies today. but i made it through and no one got hurt (LOL!)

goooodnight day 2!

Day 3 i'm coming for ya....

Hello from Sevenoaks, Kent UK. tried coconut milk in my coffee yesterday.......not good.....just plain ol black for me from now on. Still finding I'm hungry around 5.30, filled the gap yesterday with a hard boiled egg, then ate dinner at 8pm......a bit late for me but it's the Olympics what can I tell you!

I'm in again--three years ago this month I had the help of Dallas and Melissa in Maine. I did great and even recruited a friend of mine who has followed Whole9 along with me. We recently had lunch together and encouraged each other to go strict Paleo. I've been committed 99% since Wed, Aug 1, but this morning I paid for the service and have started. I've been reading, Food Starts Here, but my 14 y/o athlete daughter nabbed my book. I will have to get another one. I know all this stuff....it works. Three years ago I had A LOT of pain and depression. After 30 days of Paleo and CrossFit I was on my way to pain free with tons of energy. I gave up though. I ignored what I ate, stopped exercising and basically stopped caring. Last year I had some life changes, which were needed. Six months ago I started getting the pain back and I gained weight. My blood sugar levels were getting high again along with blood pressure and big time anxiety. Then I received an advance copy of, Food Starts Here, from Dallas & Melissa. I got in touch with my friend and here I am. Recently my osteopath said I have Myofascial Pain Syndrome. In my research on the internet I learned of others with the same diagnosis who claim rice and corn are triggers and realize what I need to do. After two days of Paleo I noticed the pain waking up this morning was much less. So I jumped onto the 30 day program this morning. My friend and I are planning to attend Dallas & Melissa's upcoming program in Boston. I hope after a few weeks of caring about myself will show. Dallas & Melissa are so beautiful and I hope to be well on my way to feeling a fraction of how they look and live. Thanks for allowing me to introduce myself! I needed to get this out. I needed to read for support. Thanks for being here!...Cheryl

On day 3...only thing that's different this time around (I've done Whole30s before, but not 100% strict) is I'm getting annoying little headaches in the afternoons :\ Not unbearable, just annoying. Other than that, I feel back to normal/great :)

But did sleep reallllly hard last night for the first time since my last Whole30 :) I actually feel rested today, so strange!

I'm in for aug 2 - 31. Already feel better after yesterday. Hoping to not only slay the sugar dragon but also see if problem pain in right foot improves. Have been drinking coffee black for 2 weeks, giving up cream was huge hurdle.

Just finishing Day 3. Day 2 was mostly fine - other than no energy for climbing in the evening - but this morning I pretty much matched the opening image on the daily email. If I'm running true to the timeline then my poor partner is in for a fun weekend!

Roll on Day 8 and the boundless energy phase...

Day 3 is done and I am so impressed with myself -went to bed early and thought, I'm so tired surely I'll sleep - nope, woke up about 2 hours later, then 3 hours after that, then another couple hours after that. Headache and still have that hungover feeling - mostly toward end of the day; but nothing that I can't live through. I warned the co-workers that I'd be in a cloud for a bit. But, I got up this morning and made a lovely veggie and turkey sausage scramble, coffee w/ coconut milk then packed up a wonderful lunch. Did forget to prepare some extra protein for lunch, so that might have been why my headache intensified later in the afternoon. Then I met my friend for dinner at a place with so many temptations (forgot that I'd made this commitment a while back), and it really was not a struggle - said no to the chips and guac; said no to the margaritas - had a wonderful tossed salad with grilled shrimp and guacamole and salsa fresca; and water with lemon. Luckily my friend is a vegan so even though we don't eat the same stuff, she was very understanding of my food specifications and didn't harangue me at all. Came home and had about 4 blackberries to end the day, gonna have a spoonful of coconut oil and am just about ready for bed. Hey, the guide says sleep as much as you can - so I'm gonna follow the guide!

Day 2 - woke up with crusty eyes and the feeling all day that all the moisture had been sucked out of them! Crrrazy!

Sleep not so good. Dreamt of junk food last night which is funny because I've been eating Paleo for over a year. Been a little cranky and can just hardly wait to see what tomorrow brings!! LOL!

I ate perfectly today and that makes me happy. As punky as I feel, I'm excited about this journey. it feels good to do something.

Archived