Week 1 with a teacher

iteach

Hi there. 

I normally don't find myself being a part of website blogs other than teaching (because I'm a teacher that's how teachers network these days :) ), but I felt this strange need to say thank you to everyone sharing their journey and creating this website. It might be because I've survived my first week on Whole30 and now I'm looking forward to buying the book mentioned to further my journey. For now, it's baby steps.

My sis shared this website with me about 6 months ago, and I finally had time and desire (to be honest) to read through as many of the links about how to start and keep going as I should last week. And let me tell ya, I chuckled out loud a few times at some of the writings, but appreciated the straight forward talk;especially about staying off the scale and day by day feelings of detox. Quite frankly, everything that the writers shared on the website pretty much just nailed how I felt from day 1 to day 2, and then how my family survived me through days 3 through 7. 

It's day 8 and everyone, including our 3 dogs, are alive, healthy, and managing. My overall goal is to figure out what foods are keeping me from losing weight and just become a crazy healthy person. 

I'm not sure if there's any other teaches out there, or anyone in the education field really, but if there are, I'd love to hear how you're doing on Whole30. Going back to work after a week off for spring break is going to be challenging with state testing starting and gearing up for the end of the year.

Thank you again for this website!

Hi iteach!

So do I!  

I too landed on this journey via my sister (a naturopathic physician).

I actually finished my W30 and felt so great that I am now on a W40!

( 2 days after ending W30 I began W40.)

Do read the book (ISWF)!  The science is good information to know

and written to be easily digested.  (a pretty quick read)

Like you, I am also doing a "close read" on my body and foods in order to determine

the factors undermining my efforts at weight loss.  

I wish you the best of luck on your journey!   :)

Hello iteach - another teacher here, also returning after Spring Break!  I am both anxious and nervous about starting Whole30 with school still in session, but I find I actually do better eating with the routine of school.  I guess it forces me to prepare food as well as lessons for the next day.  Best wishes as you continue on Whole30 and the school year.  Just think how great we will feel when summer break arrives!

Thank you both for your responses.

nindude---I haven't ordered the book yet--it's on my "to-do" list. And to be honest, after I pay for getting my licenses for teaching re-certified and paying our taxes, I'm looking at a balance of nothing in our savings; so anything past survival stuff like food, water, shelter, and space is the essentials for spending. Oh the joys! But I do plan on getting it because at this point I've gone farther in changing my eating habits with Whole30 than I have anything else in a long time.

jking---It's magical how once Monday gets here, life just takes over! I'm so thankful you understand the trials of the first days of this whole change of eating and having to plan for going back to work. It's been a rough course for sure, but I'm thankful to say I've made it to Day 15. I wish you the best as well. We're 7 weeks until summer break. Oh how I'm ready for summer break!

Where'd the two weeks go?

I'm tired, yet, I have minimal energy and desire to keep going through my day. I sleep like a log--a sound log for the first time all school year. So, 15 days of clean eating has brought me the ability to sleep better...I'm sure the energy thing will pick up---at least I'm hoping.

Here's to celebrating getting 1/2 way through!

Hi there. 

I normally don't find myself being a part of website blogs other than teaching (because I'm a teacher that's how teachers network these days :) ), but I felt this strange need to say thank you to everyone sharing their journey and creating this website. It might be because I've survived my first week on Whole30 and now I'm looking forward to buying the book mentioned to further my journey. For now, it's baby steps.

My sis shared this website with me about 6 months ago, and I finally had time and desire (to be honest) to read through as many of the links about how to start and keep going as I should last week. And let me tell ya, I chuckled out loud a few times at some of the writings, but appreciated the straight forward talk;especially about staying off the scale and day by day feelings of detox. Quite frankly, everything that the writers shared on the website pretty much just nailed how I felt from day 1 to day 2, and then how my family survived me through days 3 through 7. 

It's day 8 and everyone, including our 3 dogs, are alive, healthy, and managing. My overall goal is to figure out what foods are keeping me from losing weight and just become a crazy healthy person. 

I'm not sure if there's any other teaches out there, or anyone in the education field really, but if there are, I'd love to hear how you're doing on Whole30. Going back to work after a week off for spring break is going to be challenging with state testing starting and gearing up for the end of the year.

Thank you again for this website!

Hi,

I am also a teacher and I started my whole30 during our spring break. I am on my last week, but it sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up:)

Hi,

I am also a teacher and I started my whole30 during our spring break. I am on my last week, but it sounds like you are doing great! Keep it up:)

Hurray! For a moment there I thought maybe there were just a couple of us educators hanging out on this forum. It looks like spring break brought a lot of fresh starts. Best wishes on your last week! I'll be looking to see how you're doing.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi teachers - looks like I'm late to the party, but I hope your weeks went well and you're feeling great! I'm starting tomorrow as I come off of Spring Break. I'm curious - what did you all do for breakfast? I usually do a smoothie since I get to work so early and eat at my desk. I'd love to know what worked for you!

Thanks!

Kristin

Archived